+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saturday

Saturday

Man was it sweet sitting down the third base line in Fenway watching bombs go over the Green Monster. I expected more back lash from Sox fans but most of them were pretty cool. A lot different from Sox fans at the Yard. We sat next to a bunch of Expo's fans so that could have played a part.

As I was walking out of the stadium, I ran into Peter Gammons, shook his hands and threw in a, "How bout them O's?" He just smiled and said they look good and moved on shaking other people's hands even though a lot of people came up to him. I was so pumped I got to meet him, one of the greats and nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I've been to Fenway many times. Go to Boston on business a fair bit. The people at Fenway are much nicer and respecful then the Red Sox scum that you encounter at Camden Yards.

Goop is offline Plus Member Since 8/07 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Went to Fenway back in September during their collapse and had a blast. It was my best friend's bachelor party and we were all cheering for the O's. We only got hassled one time and that dude got kicked out for being way too drunk. Everyone else was really cool and they were fun to talk to and banter back and forth with. The Fenway crowd is way different than the bandwagoners that invade Baltimore.

sangar is offline Plus Member Since 7/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I've always found Fenway to be a friendly and pleasant stadium.

scottbbfm is offline Plus member since 06/09 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    When it comes to Red Sox and Yankees fans, in order of best to be around to worst, IMO it's:

Red Sox fans at Fenway>Yankees fans at OPACY>Yankees Fans at Yankee Stadium>Red Sox fans at OPACY.

I've been to Fenway and was treated very nicely by the fans there. I did get boo'd while I was walking out of the bathroom with my O's gear on, but it was all in good fun. The people I sat around were great, talked baseball, really enjoyed my time there.