+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zack Phillips

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Thank goodness the O's had a LOOGY to match up with Hamilton there in the 7th.

I hate to think how far he would have hit the ball if someone right handed had thrown it.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    Thank goodness the O's had a LOOGY to match up with Hamilton there in the 7th.

I hate to think how far he would have hit the ball if someone right handed had thrown it.
    I looked at his stats coming up, and I was like...this is the guy we're bringing up to help against the Rangers?

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    I looked at his stats coming up, and I was like...this is the guy we're bringing up to help against the Rangers?
    You should have seen my reaction when I looked up Chong Tae-Hyon stats this offseason.

4 homers...will he do it...

That is disgusting, really really disgusting.

Was saying before his 2nd homer that we should just IBB him, and now look. Amazing and disgusting at the same time. He has now homered off of every single person we've thrown at him today.

Sorry-I thought I was posting in the game thread Too many browsers open

murph is offline Plus Member Since 4/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by LookitsPuck View Post
    Was saying before his 2nd homer that we should just IBB him, and now look. Amazing and disgusting at the same time. He has now homered off of every single person we've thrown at him today.
    Just got home, had not seen or heard anything yet....turn on game channel and see the score, check the box....and...holy crap....Hamilton is 5 for 5 with 4 homers and 8 RBI? Did a video game take over? That is a good month for Nick Markakis these days! Wow, just wow.

jjnono is offline Plus Member since 1/1/2013 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Absolutely f**king speechless. 4 knocks, 8 RBIs. When do we stop pitching to him? BTW, who the hell is Zach Phillips and why is he here? Great showing...

Quote Originally Posted by jjnono View Post
    Absolutely f**king speechless. 4 knocks, 8 RBIs. When do we stop pitching to him? BTW, who the hell is Zach Phillips and why is he here? Great showing...
    Zach Phillips is a warm body brought up from Norfolk because the Sox series killed the bullpen. Like Berken before him he exists on the roster to eat innings regardless of performance until the regular bullpen is recovered. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets sent down again before the Rays series.

jjnono is offline Plus Member since 1/1/2013 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Thanks, COC, much appreciated. I really didn't have any clue who he was.

PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    Zach Phillips is a warm body brought up from Norfolk because the Sox series killed the bullpen. Like Berken before him he exists on the roster to eat innings regardless of performance until the regular bullpen is recovered. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets sent down again before the Rays series.
    I'd say he's more than a "warm body." Phillips did a very nice job for the O's last September (1.13 ERA in 10 games) and was impressive in spring training, just barely missing the OD roster. I think he can be a pretty decent contributor in the O's bullpen going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFolk View Post
    I'd say he's more than a "warm body." Phillips did a very nice job for the O's last September (1.13 ERA in 10 games) and was impressive in spring training, just barely missing the OD roster. I think he can be a pretty decent contributor in the O's bullpen going forward.
    Agreed, he didn't have the "deer in the headlights" feel of Berken last night.