+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Aglets is offline Plus Member since 12/10 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Joe Saunders put on waivers yesterday

According to an "MLB Rumor Central" tweet on espn.

How interested are we do you think? Anyone feeling better about our rotation now?

Stats for Saunders (Arizona):

130 IP 4.22 ERA 1.36 WHIP 89 SO 1.2 HR/9

whynot138 is offline Plus Member Since 8/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Grab him. Solid, yet unspectacular SP. I wouldnt give up anything for him, but I'd be glad to get him. Last start was very bad, but has been reasonable in the starts before that.

Take a chance

Brendan25 is offline Plus Member since 10/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    If it is cheap. Remember Hammel is coming back. He could be some depth for a team like us, but he is not worth giving up anything significant at this point.

Hammel, chen, tillman, gonzalez and hunter/saunders/britton. I'll take it. Got a feeling he would get killed by the mfy's and texas detroit type teams but i bet he would be good against the tampa type teams.

canonfaz is offline Plus Member Since December 2010 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I pretty much agree with everyone. I would be happy to pay his remaining $, but would give up very very little to get him.

Randy Wolf just released fwiw. Albeit been a starter but better then romero?

Pass, let's roll with what we've got. It's gotten us this far, Why Not?

Definitely pull the trigger. He'd be here for a couple months at least, so we wouldn't have to offer a top prospect. Two low-mid range bats and eating his contract should do it.

dan-O is online now Plus Member Since 07/08 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I like him as a way to increase depth and that's all he'd be. Put him in the #5 spot over Hunter and let Hunter be the long man. Carry Steve Johnson in the 'pen when the rosters expand and let Britton pitch in AAA.

I would trade for him if it doesn't cost much, in particular, I am worried about Hammel coming back and being what he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketeer View Post
    Definitely pull the trigger. He'd be here for a couple months at least, so we wouldn't have to offer a top prospect. Two low-mid range bats and eating his contract should do it.
    I wouldnt give up that much. A Level C prospect and take his contract should be all it takes

We should be all over this. DD get it done!

crowmst3k! is offline Plus Member Since 08/09 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    According to the Weinman and Zinno show today the rumor has legs.

I'd do it if it's cheap. Move Tommy Hunter into the pen.

dan-O is online now Plus Member Since 07/08 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by crowmst3k! View Post
    According to the Weinman and Zinno show today the rumor has legs.

I'd do it if it's cheap. Move Tommy Hunter into the pen.
    What rumor? They could just be speculating, although the O's did have interest awhile back. I'm sure DD is looking into it.

Capn Vivi is offline Plus Member Since 11/10 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Weinman mentioned this again on the pre-game show. I have a feeling we're getting him. Good move.