+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    canonfaz is offline Plus Member Since December 2010 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Duquette seems very excited about Urrutia. I always had hope for T Berry. He looks like they look.
    He would be a huge boost if he could be a regular MLB player. He probably wouldn't see much time with the O's, but I would love to have that trade chip at the deadline if we needed it.

Orioles West is offline Plus Member Since 01/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The new Baseball America 2013 book is just out and well, they are big fans of the OH list. First six are exactly the same as the top six listed here. Kind of fun...

-Don

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles West View Post
    The new Baseball America 2013 book is just out and well, they are big fans of the OH list. First six are exactly the same as the top six listed here. Kind of fun...

-Don
    Well that is great.

Stotle is offline Hangout Scouting Contributor Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

-Don
    Baseball America released their Top 10 O's prospect list in October. I believe Tony started rolling his write-ups out sometime in early November. Not to take anything away from Tony, but I don't think BA is mirroring OH's rankings.

-Don
    Thanks Don, but I think the real reason is the first top six prospects in the system were pretty obvious. It's after that you start getting some real disagreement because you either have guys with limited experience (Hader, Klein, Marin, Walker) or guys with limited upside (Johnson, Wright, Jones, Wilson, Davies). Each evaluator has a different way of determining their rankings so their are going to be some disagreements. However, the first six were pretty obvious in my opinion even if you play around with the order.