23. Clayton Schrader - RHP
    24. Tyler Townsend - 1B
    25. Pedro Florimon - SS
    26. David Baker - RHP
    27. Jarret Martin - LHP
    28. Troy Patton - LHP
    29. Joe Mahoney - 1B
    30. Brian Ward - C

Big changes in the prospect lists from 2011 to 2012.

skanar is offline Plus Member Since 10/12 Major League Starter Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazysilver03 View Post
    Prospect lists
    Machado also graduated, if that's what Patton's blue is for.

Enjoy Terror is offline Plus Member Since November 2008 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Kinda crazy to think that potentially, six of the guys on the 2012 list could come off after 2013 (Bundy, Gausman, Schoop, Hoes, Johnson, Wright)

That would mean a lot of injuries... but it certainly wouldn't be shocking to me to see any of them in Orange next year.

Since the interest is falling off after the top ten, I'll probably just put quick synopsis' together for the rest of the top 30.

Jammer7 is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Great stuff as always Tony. I think many of us frequently refer back to the OH Top 30 throughout the year. What you write on many of the players from here on out is more than we can get just about anywhere else. So, write as much as you may want!

I know due to the holidays, my 13 year old son's baseball schedule and a particularly busy time at work, I have been absent like many. It does not mean I am not interested. Bring it on!

Oldorioles is offline Plus Member since 04/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer7 View Post
    Great stuff as always Tony. I think many of us frequently refer back to the OH Top 30 throughout the year. What you write on many of the players from here on out is more than we can get just about anywhere else. So, write as much as you may want!
    Ditto, it's like being a kid and trying to wait for Christmas morning when I'm waiitng for Tony's next player ranking to be posted.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldorioles View Post
    Ditto, it's like being a kid and trying to wait for Christmas morning when I'm waiitng for Tony's next player ranking to be posted.
    We've already unwrapped the cool gifts, now it's just socks and pajamas left under the tree.

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    Since the interest is falling off after the top ten, I'll probably just put quick synopsis' together for the rest of the top 30.
    Where does the other Bundy place ?

Oldorioles is offline Plus Member since 04/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'm ready for a present, the suspense is killing me!!

I'm ready for a present, the suspense is killing me!!
    Sorry, I'll get the next few out here this week. After the lack of discussion of the last five I figured there was no hurry. I'm probably going to do smaller write ups from here on out anyways so they should come faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    Sorry, I'll get the next few out here this week. After the lack of discussion of the last five I figured there was no hurry. I'm probably going to do smaller write ups from here on out anyways so they should come faster.

Thanks Tony, I can only speak for myself here but lack of discussion doesn't mean lack of interest. I take a look at each write-up, even the ones you do after the top-30 (hope you're doing that again this year). thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks Tony, I can only speak for myself here but lack of discussion doesn't mean lack of interest. I take a look at each write-up, even the ones you do after the top-30 (hope you're doing that again this year). thanks for all the hard work!
    I know there are guys like you that do care, but after I put out five profiles and there was almost no discussion, it tells me the vast majority of the people don't care after the top ten. It takes a lot of time and effort to do those profiles right so if I don't see the interest, I'm not going to go into as much detail. This year has been a little strange for prospect talk. I think because the team is doing well, it has people's focus on the major league team more, which is a good thing overall. Normally I'll see a lot of conversation, I'll get rep points from people saying they are enjoying the profiles and we'll see a nice uptick in plus memberships. this year I have seen a noticeable down tick in interest from the general public. Sure, there are a few of you that are junkies and I intend to finish up the guys for this year, but this might be my last year of doing detailed prospect reports. There's a lot of of information out there and although I think my accesses and opinions have value to some people, they take an awful lot of time and honestly, if the interest is down, then I have to evaluate whether it's worth it or not.

We will still have some content and I'm looking at doing a lot more video next year, but I may just do the top ten prospects next year and then smaller ones from 10-30. I'll play it by ear.

I did not want to appear stupid since Tony had done such a good job of analyzing each person. I soaked every bit of it in.

Duquette seems very excited about Urrutia. I always had hope for T Berry. He looks like they look.