+ Reply to Thread

Eduardo Rodriguez #5 Prospect

Eduardo Rodriguez's upside as a middle of the rotation starter gets him the nod at #5.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/articl...couting-report

An encouraging report - though I would prefer someone with this stuff to be around our eighth or ninth prospect.

Still, for a second international sign to be in our top five is very encouraging.

Tony, while I understand the comment about a lack of overwhelming swing and miss stuff and lowish K-rate for a top prospect, should we really have expected that much better results given the projectability one and age (relative to competition) two?

Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    This is a guy who I latched onto relatively early in his career, and I'm glad to see him progressing well through the system. The low K/9 is a bit worrisome but he's very young and has time to gain a little more velocity and he seems to have a natural feel for pitching. Next year will be a big proving ground for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiers View Post
    An encouraging report - though I would prefer someone with this stuff to be around our eighth or ninth prospect.

Still, for a second international sign to be in our top five is very encouraging.

Tony, while I understand the comment about a lack of overwhelming swing and miss stuff and lowish K-rate for a top prospect, should we really have expected that much better results given the projectability one and age (relative to competition) two?
    Normally pitchers that miss bats miss bats from the beginning, so it's a bit of a concern that he has such a low K rate at a low level while not having an overwhelming GO/AO ration like Zach Britton did early in his career. Saying that, his stuff is still developing and the hope is one of his pitches will become that pitch for him. I didn't see him pitch this year but I did see him last year and he's got a nice upside. Saying that, I would prefer this kind of prospect be in the 8-10 range but after assessing the others guys, they either have a lower ceiling or are so far away (Hader) that you still have some major questions.

Baltimore Sub getting in on E. Rod.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...,4489299.story

Brendan25 is offline Plus Member since 10/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    After Bundy and Gausman, Rodriguez and Hader are the two next young arms I'm really excited to watch come through our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan25 View Post
    After Bundy and Gausman, Rodriguez and Hader are the two next young arms I'm really excited to watch come through our system.
    They are clearly the ones with the most upside after the big two.

The farm needs some rain.