+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Stotle is offline Hangout Scouting Contributor Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

HHP: Prospect/Draft Chat at BP

Hi all,

Embarrassingly, with the holidays, I forgot that Baseball Prospectus has me hosting my first prospect/MLB Draft chat today at 1 Eastern/Noon Central. Weams was kind enough to okay me posting a link here. Please stop by, say hello, and drop a few questions on O's, prospects, draft, or baseball in general, if you are so inclined. I'd greatly appreciate the support.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ch...php?chatId=992

Thanks,
    Nick

Scrat1 is offline Plus Member since 6/2008 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Awesome. I'll be there.

Stotle is offline Hangout Scouting Contributor Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrat1 View Post
    Awesome. I'll be there.
    I really appreciate it, thanks! Also, you can submit questions at any time at that link, so feel free to drop some stuff in any time this morning. Also, I'm big on allowing for free form comments, too, so if you just have statements you'd like to make (about BP, the O's, baseball, the AL East, whatever) please do.

I've always felt, at least a little, that the "chat" format was a little silly. Certainly in this case, where I don't consider myself the be-all authority on any of these topics. So I'm always interested in just opening the dialogue and seeing where that takes us...

Mashed Potatoes is offline Plus Member Since 04/06 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation
    Answer BrooksyBoy's question.

MrOrange82 is offline Plus Member since 8/10 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Stotle View Post
    I really appreciate it, thanks! Also, you can submit questions at any time at that link, so feel free to drop some stuff in any time this morning. Also, I'm big on allowing for free form comments, too, so if you just have statements you'd like to make (about BP, the O's, baseball, the AL East, whatever) please do.

I've always felt, at least a little, that the "chat" format was a little silly. Certainly in this case, where I don't consider myself the be-all authority on any of these topics. So I'm always interested in just opening the dialogue and seeing where that takes us...
    There's a joke in there somewhere (because, evidently, I have a child's mind).

Good luck with the program - sounds like it'll be interesting/informative.

NCRaven is offline Plus Member since 11/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Super! Already submitted a question. Don't know if I'll be able to follow it all live, but I'll definitely check in.

LookinUp is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You're one of the best around here, so I'm sure you'll do great in that silly little chat.

I hope this move is a great one for you. I'll certainly try to follow when I can.

DrungoHazewood is online now Hangout Contributor Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    That is too cool. I didn't really have a question I was dying to ask, so I just made something up so I could say I participated in your first BP chat!

Icterus galbula is offline Plus Member since 12/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Looking forward to this.

Thanks, everyone! The queue is filling quickly -- I hope BP readers enjoy Orioles questions!

LookinUp is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Thanks, everyone! The queue is filling quickly -- I hope BP readers enjoy Orioles questions!
    I made mine general for that reason, lol.

Tell Craw to come back! We miss him!

It's happening now. @BaseballPro Stop by then or leave questions now! http://tinyurl.com/a6n3gtc

Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Dec 2008
    You need to work on your speed. Three minutes + a question isn't cutting it.

Good stuff

Courtesy of Baseball Prospectus

Seyton (Texas): I'm not sure what to think of Correa, going into the draft we heard it was a weak draft with no clear cut #1, then the Astros draft Correa and people start making ARod comps. Where exactly does he rank with other top prospects?

Nick Faleris: I think Correa is a top 25ish prospect, looking at the landscape of eligible talents right now. He can be a solid defender on the left side, hit for some power and has an easy left side arm. I think Gausman was the top talent in last year's class, but like the approach Houston took in making use of their advantage over other clubs in draft order and spending allotment.