+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Orioles Extend Showalter & Duquette through 2018

MLB: @Orioles extend contracts of manager Buck Showalter and EVP of Baseball Operations Dan Duquette through 2018.

Wow! A little surprised about DD. Very happy about Buck, though!

waroriole is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Great news

El Gordo is online now Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    They do seem to work well together. Good sign for both. Also I doubt Buck would have signed on for that long if he didn't think they would be able to spend what they need to to get what they need.

LA2 is offline Plus member - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I hope all those posters who were complaining about Angelos dragging the signing out now know why it took a little extra.

Personally, I'm surprised by the length of the extension--and even not so sure it's a good idea.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Interesting....joined at the hip! And that's a very long term commitment for both of them (six years including this one). I have to say, that almost seems a little overboard to me, but what the heck, it's Peter's money, and nobody can question that the GM and Manager can do what's right for the long term without looking over their shoulders.

Wow! Very surprised the extensions are so long. I don't really understand that, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I think these guys know what they are doing. But job security has been known to lead some men to become more lazy.

Best moves of the offseason, by a mile. Thrilled

If Buck finishes that contract he will be the longest tenured manager for the orioles since Weaver.

I've said this a lot- stability! Actually have people around long enough to see a plan through.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

luismatos4prez is offline Plus Member Since 10/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Together forever.

Awesome news.

Richmond Bird 9 is offline Plus Member Since August 2009 Major Leagues Reputation
    Could Peter be giving both Buck and D D salary protection, in case he sells the team sometime down the road?

WallyB8 is offline Plus Member Since 5/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Goober Noodles is offline Plus Member Since 04/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Just spit my gum out when I read that text. Wow!!

UMDTerrapins is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The bucks start here.

sevastras is offline Plus Member Since 10/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by LA2 View Post
    I hope all those posters who were complaining about Angelos dragging the signing out now know why it took a little extra.

Personally, I'm surprised by the length of the extension--and even not so sure it's a good idea.
    Did anyone really have too much of an issue with how long it took? I dont recall any real complaints, we all had heard that it was coming in January.
    Anyways, I like it.