+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

HHP: Reporting from Fanfest

DD and BS will speak to season ticket holders soon. The line outside for season ticket holders went 100% around the building, and then some. I'll report here whatever is said at the forums that seems interesting.

notfast is offline Plus Member Since June 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    DD and BS will speak to season ticket holders soon. The line outside for season ticket holders went 100% around the building, and then some. I'll report here whatever is said at the forums that seems interesting.

I heard the line was long. We wont be down until after 12pm just to try to NOT have to wait as long.

Good to see a lot of people out there though.

Dan Duquette just told me that he had been allocated resources beyond 100 million dollars if needed.

Tillman has all the abilities to be a top of the rotation picher on a Championship team - Dan Duquette.

Reporting from Fanfest

Frobby asked Dan what had surprised him after taking this job. Dan said the way our fans owned the ballpark.

He asked Buck if he had learned anything in 2012. Buck responded that he had learned a bit about how to make the players' jobs easier. Six tool players Culture City Sincerity.

Place is PACKED!

Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Buck on listening to Earl Weaver's advice: "it's like EF Hutton."
    Stresses importance of Dan's willingness to make moves for 1-2 days even on West Coast trips.
    Ron Johnson very helpful evaluating who in AAA can help.
    Dan: not trading Hardy.
    Buck feeling very good about Nolan and BRob. "Nobody wants to play and contribute more than Brian"
    Adam Jones told Buck that Justin Upton wants to come here. Buck said Arizona proposed a trade to us. Adam: "great, let's do it." Buck: "They wanted to trade him for you!" Adam: "Oh, I don't like that so much."
    Dan says Casilla is a plus plus defender, Ishikawa is an average hitter but a plus plus defender, Robinson is a plus defender.
    Likes Hunter and Matusz in the pen. Biggest need is a no. 1 starter - how many are there really - but we may have two in development.
    Buck: nobody was happy after game five... To be continued! Stop talking about 2012, our challenge is to keep up that standard and keep it going and going and going.
    Last edited by Frobby; 01-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.

OFFNY is online now Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Dan Duquette just told me that he had been allocated resources beyond 100 million dollars, if needed.
    Thanks for that info.

It's there if they see fit to use it, but they aren't necessarily going to spend more just for the sake of spending.

section18 is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Thanks for the updates. it's really appreciated. One correction.....I believe you meant to say Juston Upton wants to play here. BJ signed with Atlanta earlier.

luismatos4prez is offline Plus Member Since 10/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Buck said Arizona proposed a trade to us. Adam: "great, let's do it.". Buck: "They wanted to trade him for you!". Adam: "Oh, I don't like that so much."
    Absolutely hysterical

Just saw the premier of BUCKle UP Birds and said hello to Jon Schoop and X

Buck says there is a better flow from Latin America.
    Likes rotating guys at DH. Keeps the regulars fresh while getting them at bats, and gets opportunities to get bench guys in the game so they don't gather rust.
    Dan compliments Adair, Castro, Peterson, Griffin, says they helped a lot of pitchers. Mentions Hammel and Zach Clark as two examples - Clark was an organizational guy who got into a new development program and gained velocity and a better breaking pitch.

I got to ask Dan what surprised him the most - he said it was the way the fan support built during the year. This is a lunch pail team that the city of Baltimore can get behind.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Buck says there is a better flow from Latin America.
    Likes rotating guys at DH. Keeps the regulars fresh while getting them at bats, and gets opportunities to get bench guys in the game so they don't gather rust.
    Dan compliments Adair, Castro, Peterson, Griffin, says they helped a lot of pitchers. Mentions Hammel and Zach Clark as two examples - Clark was an organizational guy who got into a new development program and gained velocity and a better breaking pitch.

I got to ask Dan what surprised him the most - he said it was the way the fan support built during the year. This is a lunch pail team that the city of Baltimore can get behind.
    Somebody please ask the Reynolds question.

Chris Davis expects to play first all year. Ryan Flaherty says Buck just tells him to never play scared.

Mayor McCheese is offline Plus Member Since 12/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Dan Duquette just told me that he had been allocated resources beyond 100 million dollars if needed.
    Clearly this was an OH victory. Well done guys.... we got the OK for a $100MM payroll