+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
    Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

24/Feb/2013 Orioles at Dunedin (Blue Jays)

Line ups from Roch Kubatko: ‏

Casilla 2B
    Reimold LF
    Betemit 3B
    Jackson DH
    Ford CF
    Pearce RF
    Valencia 1B
    Teagarden C
    Flaherty SS.
    Jurrjens RHP

Reyes SS
    Izturis 2B
    Bautista RF
    Encarnacion 1B
    Lind DH
    Arenciba C
    Rasmus CF
    DeRosa 3B
    Davis LF
    Buehrle LHP

The O's lineup is why I don't tend to go to games in Dunedin or Clearwater.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Nice to Jurrjens face an "A" squad.

Looks like half of that lineup is in competition for the 13th position spot. I think it's telling that they have Valencia at 1B and Betemit at 3B instead of the other way around. They want to get an idea of Valencia's versatility. If this game meant something, you'd want those guys flipped.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    You mean you don't want to see Betemit at 3B and Ford in CF and Flaherty at SS?

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    You mean you don't want to see Betemit at 3B and Ford in CF and Flaherty at SS?
    I am actually OK with Flaherty. I certainly don't want to spend money to watch Jurrjens pitch. Of course if you get a good seat maybe you can hear the bones in his knee grinding when he delivers the ball.

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I think Gausman is pitching today. That alone might be worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    I think Gausman is pitching today. That alone might be worth the trip.
    Exactly - corn man can be a whiner at times....

Quote Originally Posted by bobmc View Post
    Exactly - corn man can be a whiner at times....
    You got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    You got that right.
    Whiners gonna whine - just ask my wife.....

mrbig1 is offline Plus Member Since 7/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I don't like Reimold playing LF. He should be our DH only. Keeping him healthy is the key.

I heard Gausman ran a 4.26 this am

Surprised it isn't raining there. It has been sprinkling where I am since about 830.

wildcard is offline Plus Member since 11/03 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Pregame is on MLB radio. Demarlo Hale is being interview. He is managing the Jays split squad today.

JimDH is offline Plus Member Since 12/08 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Jurrjens retires the side in order I think

On 3 pitches!?

Quote Originally Posted by LookitsPuck View Post
    On 3 pitches!?
    Two ground outs and a fly out to Bautista.

Like 12 or 13 pitches.

Very nice inning for Jurrjens