Nebraska, 2013 - Present

OFFNY

o

NEBRASKA has been consistently good, but not great under Bo Pelini. They have won either 9 or 10 games in each of Pelini's first 5 seasons as their head coach. They have also lost exactly 4 games in each of said seasons.

2008:o..9-4

2009:. 10-4

2010:. 10-4

2011:o..9-4

2012:o..9-4

In addition to Nebraska, the only other Division I-A teams that have won at least 9 games in each of the past 5 seasons are Alabama, Boise State, and Oregon.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/73898/huskers-still-look-to-clear-last-hurdle

o

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I see another mediocre top-25 season in their future. Respectable, but not what the red faithful are looking for. Another season like that and you've got to wonder if Bo keeps his job - not that he deserves to lose it, but expectations and tradition are high.

• 1 month later...

After beating Purdue on the road by a score of 44-7 today, Nebraska is 5-1 after 6 games at the halfway mark.

The Cornhuskers play Minnesota on the road next week, and then have 3 huge games against Northwestern, Michigan, and Michigan State on November 2nd, 9th, and 16th, respectively.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't see them getting much better as long as Pelini is the coach.

Why not? All it takes is a good QB. (look at FSU, Texas, USC...) heck look at UCF!

The defense played well the last 4-5 games (minus Iowa). I think they're setup to be great the next year or two.

Pelini can get this team over the hump. I understand why the outside of the world do not like him, but that is all media hype and ESPN getting views/clicks. Overall he is a good coach that is a proven winner. It's sort of ironic that it's the way most people think of Joe Flacco. The winningest QB in the NFL the past 6 seasons and yet most don't think of him as a top 10 QB...

Pelini wins 9 games a year recruiting to a cold midwestern city. He had a QB for 4 years that 9 teams recruited as a safety. Not only that but we're now in a semi-weak division in a down conference.

To each his own, but I'm okay with the coach.

GREAT win by the Huskers this week and hopefully many more wins this fall!

Obviously you know more about your team than me. Just an outside perspective here.

I disagree about Pelini being a good coach. He's been awful against good teams since he's been at Nebraska. He's 5-19 against teams that end up with at least 9 wins. His recruiting classes are typically in the 20's for a national ranking. And, he doesn't seem to have the temperament required for a big time coach.

However, my perception is from the outside. Do you think the offense is going to take off anytime soon? How is the coaching staff?

You're right about a weak division, other than

Mich State. I've always liked Nebraska, especially when they ran the triple option, so good luck.

Why not? All it takes is a good QB. (look at FSU, Texas, USC...) heck look at UCF!

The defense played well the last 4-5 games (minus Iowa). I think they're setup to be great the next year or two.

Pelini can get this team over the hump. I understand why the outside of the world do not like him, but that is all media hype and ESPN getting views/clicks. Overall he is a good coach that is a proven winner. It's sort of ironic that it's the way most people think of Joe Flacco. The winningest QB in the NFL the past 6 seasons and yet most don't think of him as a top 10 QB...

Pelini wins 9 games a year recruiting to a cold midwestern city. He had a QB for 4 years that 9 teams recruited as a safety. Not only that but we're now in a semi-weak division in a down conference.

To each his own, but I'm okay with the coach.

GREAT win by the Huskers this week, and hopefully many more wins this fall!

Hey, David.

Yes, it was indeed a great (and much-needed) win for the Cornhuskers AND Bo Pelini over a solid, ranked S.E.C. team.

I was really nervous at the end of the game, when Georgia was threatening to take the lead before the Blackshirts stopped them.

Archived