Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C

Stephen Drew - SS

Jackie Bradley Jr. - LF

Ryan Dempster - RHP (0-1, 5.40 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McLouth 7, Machado 5, Markakis 9, Jones 8, Davis 3, Wieters 2, Hardy 6, Flaherty 4, Reimold DH. Arrieta SP

Wonderful recap of Luis' par lay (?) but what no Dickerson in tonight's lineup? WTF???? ;) C'mon Jake - seize it!

Looking forward to a solid outing from Jake today! Something tells me his curveball will be unhittable when used - always thought he would be the next Moose, think we might be seeing that this evening. Got to get that run support though!

Gotta love these soggy early-April games in Boston. Much as I always loved going to Fenway for an Orioles game, back when I was up in New England for college, I don't miss ballgames at the beginning or end of the season, when it's cold and wet and there are those gargantuan bottlenecks at what few points of entry into the stands exist, at that park ...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I agree and also for Ben.
    • I heard he worked out with Austin Hays and Chris Davis in the offseason.  😏 The slash line is bad, but he’s only struck out 8 times in 36 PA, and he’s walked 7 times.   So, I’m chalking this up to some bad BABIP luck and maybe just some trouble squaring up the baseball early in the year.  It should straighten out.      
    • In the next month or so, I would like to see DR come out and outline some of his plans. I know he spoke generally about ballpark improvements and the ground lease, and I expect he is focused mainly on that, while greenlighting whatever Elias wants to do baseball-wise.  But it would be cool to get updates here and there, or some press interviews, etc. Not a requirement, though, because believe me I am also fine with a very quiet owner. But seeing as he and the team have come up with this "Next Chapter" marketing thing after the sale, I do kind of expect some updates from him here and there. 
    • Worst case scenario, what is the number of at bats that would force them to make a decision on sending him back down?  Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but what would it truly take?  3 for 100 or something nuts like that? The reality is, we've seen multiple examples just recently of a touted debut (though not as touted as Holliday), flailing around, then back to AAA for a reset, and then success in the majors.  Bradish, Rodriguez, Cowser are the clear examples of this, and Rutschman/Henderson had the struggle but didn't need the send-down.  It might require that for Holliday though.  Hopefully not, and still too soon to make that call for sure, but you can't just bat .050 for very long without getting the wrong kind of attention, even as a 20 year old rookie.  You don't have to do great, but you have to do better than that. I do think he's looked better in some recent AB's, including the long fly ball yesterday where he just missed his first homer, but even w/ that, the K's haven't slowed down.  In reality, we are really just 1 or 2 batted balls away from this becoming a non-issue.  If that ball yesterday goes a few more feet onto the flag porch, this discussion is instantly different.
    • That’s interesting.  My expectation was a 3.5-4 WAR type season. I still think he gets close to that.
    • I hate that we can't get any information from minor league rehab stuff. I would love to hear what Means has to say about it, or the coaching staff, or Hyde/Elias. It's tough to have nothing to go on. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now