O's Acquire Brandon Wood

Can_of_corn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this a typo for former Angels top prospect Brandon Wood or is this a different guy? And can we move him to 2B?

I would assume so. There is no Brandon Woods listed at Baseball Reference and Brandon Wood is most definitely playing mostly 3B at AAA Omaha.

And can we move him to 2B?

In the minors he'd played 604 games at SS, 214 at 3B, 23 at 1B, 22 at 2B, and 8 in LF. Hasn't really played SS in any significant capacity since he was 24 in 2009. So...maybe? His bat sure disappeared after 2009 in AAA though.

I remember when this guy was supposed to be the next big thing and everyone on the Orioles Scout board was clamouring for him.

I wonder why he never reached his potential...

Should we get him a hat that fits?

The PCL is a huge hitters league but he made it there by age 20 playing shortstop. He at 22 and 23 he sported 970 and 910 OPS there while playing mostly shortstop (although I remember there being questions regarding his ability to stay there). He certainly was an interesting target but man did he falter in the bigs and never really got back.

Totally a depth signing though. And probably not a bad one. He should help Norfolk out this year.

Archived