+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

O's Acquire Brandon Wood

Roch Kubatko :

#orioles acquire AAA Omaha 3B Brandon Wood for cash considerations. 1st reported by @Royals_Report
    Last edited by Can_of_corn; 05-09-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Yes it was Brandon Wood. Blame Roch

Is this a typo for former Angels top prospect Brandon Wood or is this a different guy? And can we move him to 2B?

SurhoffRules is offline Plus Member since 4/07 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshagi3ettuyuur View Post
    Is this a typo for former Angels top prospect Brandon Wood or is this a different guy? And can we move him to 2B?
    I would assume so. There is no Brandon Woods listed at Baseball Reference and Brandon Wood is most definitely playing mostly 3B at AAA Omaha.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ndon-wood.html

Same guy...fondly remembering how desperately everyone here wanted to trade Miggy to the Angels for some combination of him, Aybar, Kotchman, and or Adenhart (may he RIP ). How times have changed! Turns out Erik Bedard was the gift that keeps on giving

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Steve Melewski ‏

Have heard that Wood acquisition is a player they like that adds AAA depth. This IS NOT about Schoop to Baltimore, too soon for that.

sportsfan8703 is offline Plus Member Since 8/14 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    At least we didn't have to give up Miggy this time.

crowmst3k! is offline Plus Member Since 08/09 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    I remember when this guy was supposed to be the next big thing and everyone on the Orioles Scout board was clamouring for him.

I wonder why he never reached his potential...

Should we get him a hat that fits?

SurhoffRules is offline Plus Member since 4/07 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    And can we move him to 2B?
    In the minors he'd played 604 games at SS, 214 at 3B, 23 at 1B, 22 at 2B, and 8 in LF. Hasn't really played SS in any significant capacity since he was 24 in 2009. So...maybe? His bat sure disappeared after 2009 in AAA though.

waroriole is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    SG must be thrilled.

So does he become a backup? Navarro, Valencia, and Schoop all need to be getting regular ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by crowmst3k! View Post
    I remember when this guy was supposed to be the next big thing and everyone on the Orioles Scout board was clamouring for him.

I wonder why he never reached his potential...

Should we get him a hat that fits?
    The PCL is a huge hitters league but he made it there by age 20 playing shortstop. He at 22 and 23 he sported 970 and 910 OPS there while playing mostly shortstop (although I remember there being questions regarding his ability to stay there). He certainly was an interesting target but man did he falter in the bigs and never really got back.

Totally a depth signing though. And probably not a bad one. He should help Norfolk out this year.

Orioles West is offline Plus Member Since 01/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    SG must be thrilled.
    Never too late for him to do cartwheels with this signing!

So does he become a backup? Navarro, Valencia, and Schoop all need to be getting regular ABs.
    I would think maybe he might replace one of those folk if one of them graduate.

clapdiddy is online now Plus Member Since 02/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    I would think maybe he might replace one of those folk if one of them graduate.
    I would think that Flaherty would be the replacement to one of those players!

Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    I would think that Flaherty would be the replacement to one of those players!
    Bowie could use a glove first middle infielder.