2013 Orioles Draft Tracker

Like the previous years, this will be the thread where we will keep the draft picks and follow them through signing. Please make a thread for each draftee through the 20th round for discussion and information. Post any signings in this thread, or in the forum, and I'll keep this post updated. Thanks. Player will become bold when he signs.

1. (22) - Hunter Harvey, RHP, Bandys HS, NC - Discussion Thread Reportedly $1,947,600

CB(37) - Josh Hart, CF, Parkview HS, GA - Discussion Thread - Reportedly $1.45 million

2. (61) - Chance Sisco, C, Temescal Canyon H.S., CA - Discussion Thread- $785,000.

3. (98) - Stephen Tarpley, LHP, Scottsdale CC, CA - Discussion Thread- $525,500

4. (129) - Jonah Heim, C, Amherst HS, NY - Discussion Thread - $389,700

5. (159) - Travis Seabrooke, LHP, Crestwood SS, CN - Discussion Thread- $291,800

6. (189) - Alex Murphy, C, Calvert Hall College HS, MD - Discussion Thread- $275,000

7. (219) - Drew Dosch, 3B, Youngstown State, OH - Discussion Thread - $218,800

8. (249) - Trey Mancini, 1b, Notre Dame, IN - Discussion Thread- $151,900

9. (279) - Mitch Horacek, LHP, Dartmouth, NH - Discussion Thread - $100,000

10.(309) - Austin Wynns, C, Fresno State, CA - Discussion Thread - $10,000

11. - Steven Brault, LHP, Regis U, CO - Discussion Thread

12. - Jake Bray, RHP, Feather River College, CA - Jake-Bray[/b]-RHP-Feather-River-College-%28CA%29"]Discussion Thread - $200,000

13 - James Yacabonis - RHP - Saint Joseph's (PA) - Discussion Thread

14 - Mike Yastrzemski - RF - Vanderbilt (TN) - Discussion Thread

15 - Tyler Walsh - SS - Mater Dei High School (IN) - Discussion Thread

16 - Randolph Gassaway- 1B - Riverwood International Charter School (GA) - Discussion Thread - $100,000

17 - Caleb Kellogg - RHP - University of Tampa (FL) - Discussion Thread

18. - Reed Reilly - RHP - Cal Poly San Luis Obisbo - Discussion Thread

19. - Dylan Rheault - RHP - Central Michigan (MI) - Discussion Thread

20. - Nick Cunningham - RHP - Arizona (AZ) - Discussion Thread

21. - Levi Scott - 1B - Howard Col (TX) - Discussion Thread

22. - Jon Keller - RHP - University of Tampa (FL) - Discussion Thread - $100,000

23. - Stefan Crichton - RHP - TCU (TX) - Discussion Thread

24. - Jared Breen - SS - Belmont U (TN) - Discussion Thread

25. - Daniel Ayers - LHP - Columbus North HS (IN) - Discussion Thread - Reportedly $200,000

26. - Layne Bruner - LHP - Montesano HS (WA) - Discussion Thread

27. - Donnie Hart - LHP - Texas St U (TX) - Discussion Thread

28. - Robert Tyler - RHP - Crisp County HS (GA) - Discussion Thread

29. - Conor Bierfeldt - OF - Western Connecticut St U (CT) - Discussion Thread

30. - Federico Castagnini - SS - Creighton U (NE) - Discussion Thread

31. - Dustin Hagy - RHP - Trinity Christian Academy (FL) - Discussion Thread

32. - Max Homick - LHP - University of San Diego (CA) - Discussion Thread

33. - Jeff Kemp - SS - Radford (VA) - Discussion Thread $2,500

34. - Parker Bugg - RHP - Rancho Bernardo HS (CA) - Discussion Thread

35. - DJ McKnight - CF - Madison County HS (FL) - Discussion Thread

36. - Eric Green - LHP - Embry-Riddle U (FL) - Discussion Thread

37. - Justin Viele - SS - Santa Clara U (CA) - Discussion Thread

38. - Conor Harber - RF - Western Nevada CC (NV) - Discussion Thread

39. - Augey Bill - LHP - Arizona (AZ) - Discussion Thread

40. - Garrett Cortright - RHP - Canisius Col (NY) - Discussion Thread

[TABLE=width: 750]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=width: 28]Slot[/TD]

[TD=width: 76]Allotted[/TD]

[TD=width: 78]Spent[/TD]

[TD=width: 78]Savings[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Player[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]POS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]$1,947,600[/TD]

[TD]$1,947,600[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]Hunter Harvey[/TD]

[TD]RHP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CB - A[/TD]

[TD]$1,508,600[/TD]

[TD]$1,450,000[/TD]

[TD]$58,600[/TD]

[TD]Josh Hart[/TD]

[TD]CF[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]$913,300[/TD]

[TD]$785,000[/TD]

[TD]$128,300[/TD]

[TD]Chance Sisco[/TD]

[TD]C[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]$525,500[/TD]

[TD]$525,500 [/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]Stephen Tarpley[/TD]

[TD]LHP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]$389,700[/TD]

[TD]$389,700[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]Jonah Heim[/TD]

[TD]C[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]$291,800[/TD]

[TD]$291,800[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]Travis Seabrooke[/TD]

[TD]LHP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]$218,500[/TD]

[TD]$275,000 [/TD]

[TD]$-57,000[/TD]

[TD]Alex Murphy[/TD]

[TD]C[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]$163,800[/TD]

[TD]$218,800[/TD]

[TD]$-55,000[/TD]

[TD]Drew Dosch[/TD]

[TD]3B[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]$151,900[/TD]

[TD]$151,900[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]Trey Mancini[/TD]

[TD]1B[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]$141,900[/TD]

[TD]$100,000[/TD]

[TD]$41,900[/TD]

[TD]Mitch Horacek[/TD]

[TD]LHP[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]$135,300[/TD]

[TD]$10,000[/TD]

[TD]$125,300[/TD]

[TD]Austin Wynns[/TD]

[TD]C[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]$6,387,900[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]$142,100[/TD]

[TD]Approx Savings[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

2012 Draft Tracker

2011 Draft Tracker

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6th round pick Alex Murphy is the first to sign. He's heading to Sarasota per the Sun.

I saw the Sun post. No word on the price tag. It happened so fast, I imagine there was a pre-draft deal worked out. Would that lend us to think it was below slot? I don't know if he was considered a guy worth picking that high prior to the draft.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Per @<a href="https://twitter.com/jimcallisba">jimcallisba</a> O's sign 16th-rder Randolph Gassaway for $100k. 1B from Riverwood HS in Sandy Springs, Ga.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">June 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks...I'm guessing that's high for this slot?

I saw the Sun post. No word on the price tag. It happened so fast, I imagine there was a pre-draft deal worked out. Would that lend us to think it was below slot? I don't know if he was considered a guy worth picking that high prior to the draft.

He stated that the O's gave him a number on the phone before he was picked and that he agreed to it.

Not sure if you would consider that a pre-draft deal.

He stated that the O's gave him a number on the phone before he was picked and that he agreed to it.

Not sure if you would consider that a pre-draft deal.

This is a very common occurrence done by many teams, especially with the new slotting system. Basically they are pre-draft deals, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Most teams will have 3 or 4 guys lined up for a pick, they'll go to the first guy and ask if they will sign for "x"amount of dollars. it could be slot, it could be for less than slot, it really depends on the situation.

Teams normally will know the players "number" or the amount of money they say it will take to sign them. Let's say the number is $250,000, but when the 6th round roles around slot is $218,500. So a team will pick up the phone and say, will you sign for $218,500. If the players says no, they go to the next guy on the list until they get the guy who will sign for that number. Make sense?

This is a very common occurrence done by many teams, especially with the new slotting system. Basically they are pre-draft deals, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Most teams will have 3 or 4 guys lined up for a pick, they'll go to the first guy and ask if they will sign for "x"amount of dollars. it could be slot, it could be for less than slot, it really depends on the situation.

Teams normally will know the players "number" or the amount of money they say it will take to sign them. Let's say the number is $250,000, but when the 6th round roles around slot is $218,500. So a team will pick up the phone and say, will you sign for $218,500. If the players says no, they go to the next guy on the list until they get the guy who will sign for that number. Make sense?

I was never confused Tony.

I am just not sure I would consider a verbal discussion of that sort a "deal". It isn't like either side couldn't change demands after the pick is made.

Just a personal issue I have with the terminology that caused me to use the disclaimer.

That is why the Orioles were upset last year when fifth round pick Colin Poche doubled his number after the draft.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>O's have come to terms with their 33rd round draft pick, SS Jeff Kemp from Radford U. (Bowie, Md native). He's expected 2 start at Aberdeen.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was never confused Tony.

I am just not sure I would consider a verbal discussion of that sort a "deal". It isn't like either side couldn't change demands after the pick is made.

Just a personal issue I have with the terminology that caused me to use the disclaimer.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person. Mostly I was just trying to get the process out to people who may not understand how it works.

Archived