The Astros' Owner and G.M. Have Long-Term Plans

OFFNY

o

(MAY 25th, 26th, 27th)

The Orioles took 2 out of 3 games from the southeastern Texans.

I have to say, just eyeballing them for three games, they didn't look that good to me. Their starting rotation is very mediocre after Keuchel. Their lineup is so-so. I didn't see anything amazing going on defensively. Their bullpen has been outstanding, and they spent a lot of money on Gregerson and Neshek to shore it up, but we'll see if they can sustain their success over 162 games; I don't find them intimidating in the way that KC's bullpen is. My prediction is that the Astros will come down to earth.

I have to say, just eyeballing them for three games, they didn't look that good to me. Their starting rotation is very mediocre after Keuchel. Their lineup is so-so. I didn't see anything amazing going on defensively. Their bullpen has been outstanding, and they spent a lot of money on Gregerson and Neshek to shore it up, but we'll see if they can sustain their success over 162 games; I don't find them intimidating in the way that KC's bullpen is. My prediction is that the Astros will come down to earth.

Bridging the gap before the team is more well rounded, I believe the FO is relying on the offense homering its way to wins. If things break right they can continue to win, but I agree with you that the baseline talent isn't intimidating. The FO is relying on their analytics to try and catch lightening in a bottle while they continue to try and build a better all around squad.

Bridging the gap before the team is more well rounded, I believe the FO is relying on the offense homering its way to wins. If things break right they can continue to win, but I agree with you that the baseline talent isn't intimidating. The FO is relying on their analytics to try and catch lightening in a bottle while they continue to try and build a better all around squad.

I like them better in the long term than I do this season, even though they currently hold a 30-18 record.

o

I like them better in the long-term than I do this season, even though they currently hold a 30-18 record.

I do also, and that is what owner Jim Crane and G.M. Jeff Luhnow were saying in the article from the O.P. from two years ago in June of 2013.

There was not one specific season that they were alluding to, but rather the future of the team in general (2015, 2016, 2017, etc.)

o

ASTROS ANNOUNCERS:

Dallas Keuchel became the first American League pitcher since Johan Santana in 2004 to win back-to-back "Pitcher of the Month" Awards.

Keuchel leads the league in winning percentage (.875), ERA (1.76), complete games (2), innings pitched (81.67), ERA+ (225), hits per 9 innings (5.8), and WHIP (0.906).

The only team to beat Keuchel so far this season is the Orioles.

o

o

OFFNY said:

o

ASTROS ANNOUNCERS:

Dallas Keuchel became the first American League pitcher since Johan Santana in 2004 to win back-to-back "Pitcher of the Month" Awards.

Keuchel leads the league in winning percentage (.875), ERA (1.76), complete games (2), innings pitched (81.67), ERA+ (225), hits per 9 innings (5.8), and WHIP (0.906).

The only team to beat Keuchel so far this season is the Orioles.

o

o

18 OUTS: ) 7 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 7 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts

DALLAS KEUCHEL )))))))) (vs. ORIOLES, 6/04)

IP:. 6

H:;; 6 (6 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB: 1

SO: 7

Pitches: 108 (66 Strikes, 42 Balls)

2015 ERA: 1.85

PITCHES BY INNING

28 (18 Strikes, 10 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 21 Balls)

25 (14 Strikes, 11 Balls)

12 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls)

13 (71 Strikes, 61 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 81 Balls)

o

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> announce they have called up SS Carlos Correa & he will join the team tomorrow in Chicago.</p>— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) <a href="

">June 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> announce they have called up SS Carlos Correa & he will join the team tomorrow in Chicago.</p>— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) <a href="
">June 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll need to watch that.

weams said:

They lost seven in a row.

o

This team has just been punched in the mouth, and knocked on their assses.

Now, can they sustain that battering, and still maintain their position of being a contender for a playoff birth and/or the division title ???

If not, can they AT LEAST get back up and finish the season with a solid, respectable 85-77, 86-76, etc. record ???

If they can at least accomplish the latter, then it would appear to that Jim Crane and Jeff Luhnow's position (and assertion) in regard to the Astros having a bright future in overall would still be intact.

If they CANNOT at least accomplish the latter, they (Crane and Luhnow) may be correct about the Astros' future (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, etc.) ...... but they will be likely get a LOT of grief in relation to the Astros being the same old Astros, their fast start to the 2015 season was a fluke and a mirage, etc.

o

This team has just been punched in the mouth, and knocked on their assses.

Now, can they sustain that battering, and still maintain their position of being a contender for a playoff birth and/or the division title ???

If not, can they AT LEAST get back up and finish the season with a solid, respectable 85-77, 86-76, etc. record ???

If they can at least accomplish the latter, then it would appear to that Jim Crane and Jeff Luhnow's position (and assertion) in regard to the Astros future in general would still be intact.

If they CANNOT at least accomplish the latter, they (Crane and Luhnow) may be correct about the Astros' future (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, etc.) ...... but they will be likely get a LOT of grief in relation to the Astros being the same old Astros, their fast start to the 2015 season was a fluke and a mirage, etc.

They are still in first place.

Lost 7 in a row.

This team has just been punched in the mouth, and knocked on their asses.

If they can at least accomplish the latter, then it would appear to that Jim Crane and Jeff Luhnow's position (and assertion) in regard to the Astros having a bright future in overall would still be intact.

They are still in first place.

I understand that, but they have lost 7 consecutive games, and they are coming off 6 consecutive losing seasons. The season is not even half over yet, so their excellent start to the season is still far from confirmation that they are necessarily back with the contender status that they had a decade to a decade and-a-half ago, when they made it to they had 6 consecutive winning seasons and made it to the first World Series in franchise history.

There is a big difference between a perennial contender losing 7 straight games after a fast start to the season, and a team that is desperately fighting to get back to respectability losing 7 straight games after a fast start to the season.