+ Reply to Thread

The upcoming Toronto series

This is an absolute monster series this weekend, IMO. We're both hot, but the Jays are just absolutely white hot, and are riding a long winning streak. Our last trip there was a huge stomach punch, but I think we're swinging the bats well enough to win what will likely be a slugfest series. While I hope we can win two of these games, my bigger hope is that the pitching staff makes it out of there in one piece. Strop had a nice tune up today, JJ is going strong, and Hunter is a man amongst boys right now with his 100 MPH heater and devastating breaking ball (an underrated pitch in his arsenal, which can be lethal when he's ahead in the count).

While I recognize the possibility that our boys could lose this series or, worse yet, get swept out of town, I really want to see the O's sack up and take this one. The last trip there still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so you know it's there for the players, too. Should be an interesting matchup!

waroriole is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I hate the Jays. They're right up there with BOS and MFY. So many people on that team I hate. Lawrie, Encarnacion, Davis. Just to name a few.

Lawrie isn't going to be there but Reyes will likely play at some point during the series.

I hate the Blue Jays because they cheat. I'm convinced that they take designer steroids that aren't available in the US, and I'm convinced that they steal signs from the CF stands when they are at home. They'll hit home runs on good pitches, because they know what's coming.

Could be. The sad fact is we don't know who is cheating and who isn't in todays MLB. I'm much more concerned about the yanks to be honest.

How many of their players have tested postive lately? Cervelli, Arod, and Cano are the more recent names but Giambi, Colon, Pettite, and Sheffield weren't playing for the yanks too long ago and they were busted for roids as well.

Seems like a pattern as far as the yanks are concerned.

As far as the subject of beating the Jays go I think you have to get into their starting pitching. You do not want to get into a battle of the bullpens.