O's Acquire Scott Feldman for Arrieta

AJismyhero

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, rep to that guy who said his friend had this info.

Hey, I like it. Feldman isn't amazing, but that's about what you're going to get for two guys who can't pitch in the bigs right now. Save your good prospects and get a quality SP for the guys that can't hack it.

I LOVE this trade! Feldman is solid- and with a good offense behind him, I think will be even better.

I like this move.

We got a solid #4/5 in Feldman for a guy who has had chance after chance after chance in the majors to claim a spot but can't in Arrieta and a guy who simply can't be trusted in an ML bullpen on a contending team right now.

I think this is definitely a win for DD here even if Arrieta and Strop go on to have success in Chicago. We simply couldn't afford to keep putting Pedro in games right now (nor could we send him down) and I think a change of scenery will be good for Arrieta. I could see him having success in the NL with a clean slate.

Can't say I know too much about Feldman. I remember seeing him back when he was on the Rangers and he seemed like a solid pitcher. 3.46 ERA this year looks nice, although only 67 Ks in 91 IP. Don't really have time to look up too much more on him. Is he a groundball guy?

We gave Jake a ton of time to work out his issues; if the Cubs can make it work, maybe Jake just needed a change of scenery.

Even if Jakes wins the NL cy young next year, I can't sit here and pretend that I thought Jake was going to get any better in this system.

Hey, he might do better in the NL, it's not a bad gamble. Same with Strop. But if you're wild, you're wild and ML hitters will take advantage in any league. We'll see.

I'm glad he went to an NL team just in case he does turn it around :).. also, we add to our collection of former Ranger's players.

Archived