Do the Orioles give Rivera a retirement gift?

Mr Snuffleupagus

Should the O's organization get Mariano a retirement gift?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's organization get Mariano a retirement gift?

• Yeah. Get that guy something nice
    • No. Orioles don't buy retirement gifts for Yankee's

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Twins did something pretty cool the other day...

The "high road" acknowledges his greatness, considering he has more saves against us than any other team (i think). The dirtbag in me couldn't be happier to see him go. No gift for you!

What say you? Any ideas?

No. Why would they or anyone?

I dunno, maybe cause he is the greatest closer of all time and a class act. The Yankees did some nice things for Cal FWIW. So did the Red Sox and 12 other teams as a matter of fact.

I did not know that. I too heard he is a class act . Maybe Buck or DD will do

something then.

I have no problem with the O's organization showing some class while paying tribute to one of the games's greatest players. Would love to see more sportsmanship and fun in the game of baseball.

Maybe a cane made of/plated with crab shells or something like that?

I dont remember the Yankees doing anything for Ripken Jr, Brooks, Frank or anybody else for that matter.

Yielded this (and other teams tributes and gifts) by Googling Yankees gift Ripken:

The pregame tribute, just off the dirt behind home plate, included Yankee manager Joe Torre giving Ripken?s wife, Kelly, a dozen long-stemmed pink roses, and former Yankees All-Star Don Mattingly presenting Ripken with a pin commemorating his last game in the city. Ripken also was given an enlarged and framed copy of the commemorative ticket each fan was given at the stadium. Reading ?Farewell Cal Ripken,? the tickets have black-and-white pictures of Ripken and Lou Gehrig.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-ripken-farewelltour,0,655645.htmlstory#ixzz2XzRcDWdf

They should and they will.

Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where he's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two! Go get 'em.

Yielded this (and other teams tributes and gifts) by Googling Yankees gift Ripken:

The pregame tribute, just off the dirt behind home plate, included Yankee manager Joe Torre giving Ripken?s wife, Kelly, a dozen long-stemmed pink roses, and former Yankees All-Star Don Mattingly presenting Ripken with a pin commemorating his last game in the city. Ripken also was given an enlarged and framed copy of the commemorative ticket each fan was given at the stadium. Reading ?Farewell Cal Ripken,? the tickets have black-and-white pictures of Ripken and Lou Gehrig.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-ripken-farewelltour,0,655645.htmlstory#ixzz2XzRcDWdf

Thanks. I stand corrected.

But, I still dont remember it.

Archived