+ Reply to Thread

Already looking forward to Fanfest 2014

Based upon last year, Orioles Fanfest 2014 should be Saturday January 18, 2014. Anyone else already looking forward to it? Will the attendance at Orioles Fanfest 2014 be even greater than this year's even though the O's didn't make the playoffs?

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Union Park View Post
    Based upon last year, Orioles Fanfest 2014 should be Saturday January 18, 2014. Anyone else already looking forward to it? Will the attendance at Orioles Fanfest 2014 be even greater than this year's even though the O's didn't make the playoffs?
    My guess would be no, unless they make some interesting moves and people want to see the new players.

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I don't know how to search for the thread, but in 2012, the Dipper Family skipped FanFest, and the Birds went on to have our first winning season and playoff appearance in 14 years. I was gonna skip 2013 as well, since it worked for 12, but Weams talked me into going. So you could say that the 2013 non playoff appearance was my fault for attending FanFest last year. thus, I probably won't be going this year.

The event is always the same, and will be summed up well on here.

Soprano will pull past Angelos quotes to show how the team is REALLY gonna go for it in 2014.
    Frobby will give word for word transcripts of each member of the forums.
    Just D will have video footage of said forums.
    Weams will have special interviews with players and coaches who he just happens to run into in the hallways or rest rooms.
    Trea will be in Maine, complaining that we didnt sign Ellsbury or Granderson or Cano.
    Cindy will proclaim that 2014 is the year we go 162-0.
    And Roy will tell us how worried he is that 2014 is not gonna be our year.

I think that about sums it up!

Meanwhile, Hank and Bob will be in St. Pete shooting 69's on some beautiful golf courses being served drinks by members of the Miss Tilted Kilt Calendar Girls.
    Last edited by Dipper9; 10-02-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    I don't know how to search for the thread, but in 2012, the Dipper Family skipped FanFest, and the Birds went on to have our first winning season and playoff appearance in 14 years. I was gonna skip 2013 as well, since it worked for 12, but Weams talked me into going. So you could say that the 2013 non playoff appearance was my fault for attending FanFest last year. thus, I probably won't be going this year.

Soprano will pull past Angelos quotes to show how the team is REALLY gonna go for it in 2014.
    Weams will have special interviews with players and coaches who he just happens to run into in the hallways or rest rooms.
    Trea will be in Maine, complaining that we didnt sign Ellsbury or Granderson or Cano.

Meanwhile, Hank and Bob will be in St. Pete shooting 69's on some beautiful golf courses being served drinks by members of the Miss Tilted Kilt Calendar Girls.
    If a Trea writes a post,
    but no one can read it (released),
    does he make a sound?

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    If a Trea writes a post,
    but no one can read it (released),
    does he make a sound?
    I did not know that.

I have no idea if there is a causal link here or not, but the last few times we opened the season here at Camden Yards the O's held Fanfest outdoors in March at Camden Yards. It was a really fun experience.

We have opened the season in Tampa the last couple of years, so Fanfest was in January and in the Convention Center.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it back here in Camden Yards in March, although we're starting the season very early this year - March 31st!

stomperspc is offline Plus Member Since December 2008 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Carllamy View Post
    I have no idea if there is a causal link here or not, but the last few times we opened the season here at Camden Yards the O's held Fanfest outdoors in March at Camden Yards. It was a really fun experience.

We have opened the season in Tampa the last couple of years, so Fanfest was in January and in the Convention Center.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it back here in Camden Yards in March, although we're starting the season very early this year - March 31st!
    O's opened at home in 2012 versus the Twins and Fanfest was still held at the convention center. I believe it moved back to the convention center in 2010. I like it in January a lot more. By the beginning of the calendar year I am tired of all the trade/free agent talk and itching for anything baseball related. Fanfest provides a nice does of baseball in the middle of the off season.

I am definitely going to make it to Spring Training this year. Between Fanfest in January and a trip to Sarasota in early Match, I think I should be able to keep myself sane until the 2014 season start.

Quote Originally Posted by Carllamy View Post

I hope so. The Camden Yards FF is always more fun.

That said, I doubt it happens.

cindyluvsbrady is offline Plus Member since 03/03 All-Star Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    I pray by some miracle I can go
    The Os will win the 2014 WS
    I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We can go 162-0

Have Faith!!!! GO MY BELOVED ORIOLES

I pray by some miracle I can go !!!
    I BELIEVE!!! and yes My BELOVED ORIOLES will go 162-0

Have Faith Dipper

Forget where I heard this, but someone was saying that it's February 1, 2014. Take it with a grain of salt though, as I can't remember the source. Just wanted to throw thatin the mix.

bmorebird

In 2013, 18,000 fans reportedly attended FanFest. Reportedly double the number that attended in 2012. I remember years ago the Orioles used to hold two-day events. Given the increase in attendance both at FanFest and at Camden Yards this past season, I wonder if the Orioles are considering bringing back the two day, Saturday-Sunday FanFest. At the very least, if they stick with just one day they should consider renting more convention center floor space so the event isn't so packed.

I have attended every other year for the past 12 years... last year was insane... ticket sales (for autographs) were done and over in 15 mins... I made the mistake of snagging a lot of signings for my daughter... it was her first trip there. Lines were slow and long, and forget trying to get food.

She wants to head down again this year, wants JJ Hardy's auto (if he is still around)... I told her this year, that is all we are gonna do cause we spent every minute in lines, never got up to the merchandise giveaway area.. did not get time to tour the yard...I am thinking this year's crowd may dwindle, but I guess a true indicator will be when the ticket sales for the autograph tables go online...

So I had a question to those who did get up to the free merchandise table... All I got was a Frank Robinson statue... was there anything else good handed out?

ShoelesJoe is offline Plus Member Since 05/08 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Never been to FF because we live in WV, but would love to get there this time with my eight year old son. Any tips or advice would be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebird View Post
    Forget where I heard this, but someone was saying that it's February 1, 2014. Take it with a grain of salt though, as I can't remember the source. Just wanted to throw thatin the mix.

bmorebird
    Sounds like February 1st is the date for Fanfest 2014. I was told this today by someone who sells memorabilia at Fanfest.

It's official. O's Fanfest 2014 will be held on February 1st.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_...ghts-game.html