Auburn Revived

OFFNY

o

After winning the national championship with an undefeated season in 2010, Auburn's football team gradually sank over the next two seasons, going 8-5 with a middle-tier bowl win (Chick-fil-A) in 2011, followed by a losing season (3-9) in 2012.

Today, they beat 7th ranked Texas A&M in College Station to improve their overall record to 6-1, and will almost certainly vault themselves into the top-20 (they are currently ranked # 24) when the rankings come out tomorrow night.

When all is said and done, Auburn should AT LEAST find themselves in a middle-tier bowl by season's end. Depending on the outcomes of their 2 games with Georgia and Alabama, they could even be looking at a B.C.S. bowl.

Also, the Tigers can't overlook Tennessee, who scored a major upset of their own today over 11th ranked South Carolina. They will have 95,000 rabid Volunteer fans to deal with on that day.

In a best-case scenario for them, #1 ranked Alabama and Auburn would both win out, and then an Auburn win over the Crimson Tide would vault them into the S.E.C. Championship game, and possibly even the national title game .......... but that's a LOOOOOONG way off.

In the meantime, Auburn is flying high, and beaming with pride over their huge road win today ....... and will be looking for a little payback against both Georgia and Alabama, whom both defeated Auburn last year by a combined score of 87-0.

o

We got embarassed 3 times last year. A&M, UGA, Bama.

1 down, 2 to go.

IN the meantime, I'm thrilled to see the effort and intensity that wasn't there last year.

The previous coaching staff let the inmates run the asylum and there was no discipline, as was evidenced by the effort put forth in our last 3 SEC games. The new staff absolutely won't let that happen.

War Eagle!!!

Just nice to be back in the convo. The Sammie Coates chokeslam is probably my favorite play of the whole season thus far just cause it shows the physicality and attitude this team has compared to last year's:

http://www.warblogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/tackle-1.gif

http://www.warblogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/auburn-s-sammie-coates-shed-a-texas-a-m-db-with-a-devastating-stiff-arm.gif

Edited by Hawkigizer
  • Upvote 1

Just nice to be back in the convo. The Sammie Coates chokeslam is probably my favorite play of the whole season thus far just cause it shows the physicality and attitude this team has compared to last year's:

http://www.warblogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/tackle-1.gif

http://www.warblogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/auburn-s-sammie-coates-shed-a-texas-a-m-db-with-a-devastating-stiff-arm.gif

He'd be a heck of a WR if he'd stop dropping the ball.

In fairness to him, that was a difficult catch to make at the end of the 1st half.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, the Tigers can't overlook Tennessee, who scored a major upset of their own today over 11th ranked South Carolina. They will have 95,000 rabid Volunteer fans to deal with on that day.

They apparently didn't.

The Tigers rolled over an upset-minded Tennessee team in front of those 95,000 Volunteer fans.

Earlier this season, the Vols beat 11th-ranked South Carolina, and took 6th-ranked Georgia into overtime before falling.

In the meantime, Auburn is flying high, and beaming with pride over their huge road win today ....... and will be looking for a little payback against both Georgia and Alabama, whom both defeated Auburn last year by a combined score of 87-0.

And now that the 9-1 Tigers have taken care of business against Florida International, Arkansas, and Tennessee, all that is left is Georgia and Alabama ...... and Jordan-Hare Stadium will certainly be rocking with 88,000 Tiger fans on hand.

This could be the first time the Iron Bowl has been a de facto SEC West Championship Game. It may be the biggest one since Alabama finally visited Auburn for the first time in 1989.

Of course, the South's oldest rivalry is first. UGA, though dealing with a lot of injuries, is an extremely talented team.

And now that the 9-1 Tigers have taken care of business against Florida International, Arkansas, and Tennessee, all that is left is Georgia and Alabama ...... and Jordan-Hare Stadium will certainly be rocking with 88,000 Tiger fans on hand.

'Venge # 1 completed.

'Venge # 2 up next on November 30th.

I still can't believe that happened. I can't believe they blew a 20 point lead. I can't believe I got up and left the bar I was at, which caused UGA to rally. I can't believe the refs said Murray scored on that 4th down call. I can't believe that when I went back to the bar I was at, and settled in, Louis makes the most unbelievable and fortunate play I've ever seen. I can't believe Murray drove UGA all the way down to the 20 in about 15 seconds, and had a chance to win it. Finally, I can't believe we stopped them at the 20 as time ran out.

They're calling it "The Prayer at Jordan-Hare."

It's certainly ramped up the hype. That will be annoying for the next 2 weeks. All the outsiders telling us how important this one is. Not having a clue about why 1989 will always be the most special Iron Bowl. It's just like that awful Espn documentary. They could've had it done by an Auburn guy and a Bama guy. Then you'd get a great perspective.