Meeting Rumblings

weams

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The general manager and owners meetings will take place next week in Orlando, Fla.

November 11-13. GM/Owners Meetings, Orlando, Fla.

Do you expect any Orioles news to be discussed?

What's that saying about "past behavior as an indicator of future performance"? No one does.... but wouldn't it be nice if something did actually happened to excite us Os fans?

In each of the last two offseasons, it felt like DD had much higher expectations going into winter meetings (post Thanksgiving) than he was able to pull off.

I'd be pretty shocked if there's big news about the O's in these meetings, but I wouldn't be shocked if the real substantive rumors, and maybe a move or two, start percolating next week.

In each of the last two offseasons, it felt like DD had much higher expectations going into winter meetings (post Thanksgiving) than he was able to pull off.

I'd be pretty shocked if there's big news about the O's in these meetings, but I wouldn't be shocked if the real substantive rumors, and maybe a move or two, start percolating next week.

EMS_7220.jpg

AM approves of this terminology. Carry on...

We won't hear any Orioles news of note. If Duquette is asked to comment it will be along the lines of "doing due diligence and laying the groundwork for future discussions..."

"...but our budget is set and thus we won't be spending a lot of money on big name free agents on the market..."

And then Buck will be reached for comment to add. "I LIKE our guys. No disrespect to other players around the league, but we like our guys in the system and will give them the chance to show us what they've got."

And just for kicks, we'll get the occasional JTrea post, "Orioles rumored to be trading for Albert Pujols."

"...but our budget is set and thus we won't be spending a lot of money on big name free agents on the market..."

And then Buck will be reached for comment to add. "I LIKE our guys. No disrespect to other players around the league, but we like our guys in the system and will give them the chance to show us what they've got."

And just for kicks, we'll get the occasional JTrea post, "Orioles rumored to be trading for Albert Pujols."

"We have to do a better job with our developmental program. But we've made some strides. We have some young pitchers on the horizon, but again, if you're going to be in the playoffs and you're going to compete, you're going to need some solid dependable starting pitcher, and I would say a pitcher who starts 30 games and gives 200 innings, that's terrific. Tillman should be commended, but our goal would be to develop four pitchers like that."

Archived