+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Who's Your 25?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Man-O-War Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
    Posts
    1,493

    Who's Your 25?

    Since we are seeing some projected 25 man rosters, what would yours look like? Not what do you think Buck and Dan will do, but who would you take north, assuming there are no more roster additions? List them and give your reasons for some of the last spots.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Warrenton, Virginia
    Posts
    3,253
    I'll sit this one out until we sign another player or two.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16,823
    SP- Tillman
    SP - Chen
    SP - Gonzalez
    SP - Norris
    SP - Britton

    RP - Hunter
    RP - Matusz
    RP - O'Day
    RP - Webb
    RP - Stinson
    RP - Brach
    RP - De La Cruz (until Patton's suspension is over)

    C - Wieters
    C - Monell (I think we'll acquire someone else...but just basing on what we have now)

    1B - Davis
    2B - Flaherty
    SS - Hardy
    3B - Machado
    RF - Markakis
    CF - Jones
    LF - Lough
    DH - Urrutia/Young

    UT - DeJesus
    OF - Peguero
    OF/1B - Pearce
    Benchwarmer - Almanzar

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    SP- Tillman
    SP - Chen
    SP - Gonzalez
    SP - Norris
    SP - Britton

    RP - Hunter
    RP - Matusz
    RP - O'Day
    RP - Webb
    RP - Stinson
    RP - Brach
    RP - De La Cruz (until Patton's suspension is over)

    C - Wieters
    C - Monell (I think we'll acquire someone else...but just basing on what we have now)

    1B - Davis
    2B - Flaherty
    SS - Hardy
    3B - Machado
    RF - Markakis
    CF - Jones
    LF - Lough
    DH - Urrutia/Young

    UT - DeJesus
    OF - Peguero
    OF/1B - Pearce
    Benchwarmer - Almanzar
    Looks like that is 27. I don't think there is any way to keep all of Urrutia, Young, Peguero, Pearce, and Almanzar on the 25-man roster. Two of them have to go.

  5. #5
    El Gordo's Avatar
    El Gordo is online now Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Every where and no where
    Posts
    42,227
    The questions are between Young, Pearce, Almanzar,as RH DH and Cassila Dejesus, and Weeks for UTIF. Britton's role on the team is contingent on whether they sign a FA SP. My bench would be Casilla, Clevenger, Pearce and Peguero. My rotation would be Tillman, Chen, Gonzo, Arroyo, Norris. Pen: Hunter, O'Day, Matusz, Webb, Stinson, Britton, FA RP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Man-O-War Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
    Posts
    1,493
    Anyone know how soon before we need a 5th starter?

  7. #7
    PaulFolk is offline Senior Moderator Hangout Staff Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Catonsville
    Posts
    18,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahama O's Fan View Post
    Anyone know how soon before we need a 5th starter?
    6th game of the season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Man-O-War Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFolk View Post
    6th game of the season.
    I can probably carry an extra OF till then; then Reimold will be injured and I'll bring up my 5th starter.

  9. #9
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Number5 View Post
    Looks like that is 27. I don't think there is any way to keep all of Urrutia, Young, Peguero, Pearce, and Almanzar on the 25-man roster. Two of them have to go.
    Yowza! What a doofus!

    In that case, I could see Urrutia and Almanzar taken off my list. I truly hope some other moves are upcoming!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Man-O-War Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    Yowza! What a doofus!

    In that case, I could see Urrutia and Almanzar taken off my list. I truly hope some other moves are upcoming!
    If Urrutia is off; who is your LH DH?

  11. #11
    jamalshw is offline Plus Members since 4/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Posts
    1,116
    As it sits now, this is what I expect (note: not what I necessarily want):

    Rotation:
    SP- Chris Tillman
    SP- Wei-Yin Chen
    SP- Miguel Gonzalez
    SP- Bud Norris
    SP- Zach Britton (should be Gausman, but he'll get sent out - ultimately, I still hope we sign someone to go in the #2-3 spot and bump others down)

    Bullpen:
    RHP- Tommy Hunter
    RHP- Darren O'Day
    RHP- Ryan Webb
    LHP- Brian Matusz
    LHP- De La Cruz or Jones until Patton is re-instated
    RHP- Josh Stinson or Steve Johnson
    RHP- Brad Brach

    Line-up:
    RF- Nick Markakis
    3B- Manny Machado
    1B- Chris Davis
    CF- Adam Jones
    C- Matt Wieters
    SS- J.J. Hardy
    DH- Delmon Young/Henry Urrutia
    LF- David Lough
    2B- Ryan Flaherty

    Bench:
    C- Steve Clevenger
    INF- Jemile Weeks or Alexi Casilla (this person will get plenty of AB at 2B vs. LHP)
    OF- Nolan Reimold (Lough goes to CF if CF is needed)
    UTL/Bat off the bench - Young/Urrutia


    It will be interesting to see how all the middle infield and OF/DH depth shakes out.

  12. #12
    clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahama O's Fan View Post
    If Urrutia is off; who is your LH DH?
    Dunno...that's why I said I hope there are other moves!

  13. #13
    oriole's Avatar
    oriole is online now Plus Member since 01/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,916
    I really think a SP is added. I think it'll be someone like Hammel, maybe Yoon...hopefully Garza (one can hope!). I also think Britton sticks in the BP while Patton is suspended to gauge where he is at.

    Seems like Reimold is a lock for Rh DH with Young being the backup plan if Reimold is not healthy. If it's decided that Weeks can backup CF I think that gives him the inside track on the utility spot. I think Peguero also will find a way to stick.

    It's hard imagining Reimold, Pearce, Peguero, Young, and even a leftie like Urrutia all being on the roster. I feel like Lough is a shoe in so that really negates any need for a lefty LF. I know Urrutia is primarily viewed as a LH DH but I also think Reimold is not a platoon guy and the O's know that.

    The roster is very fluid coming into this year. ST is going to be fun to watch.

    I think Pearce and Almanzar are as good as gone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by oriole View Post
    I really think a SP is added. I think it'll be someone like Hammel, maybe Yoon...hopefully Garza (one can hope!). I also think Britton sticks in the BP while Patton is suspended to gauge where he is at.

    Seems like Reimold is a lock for Rh DH with Young being the backup plan if Reimold is not healthy. If it's decided that Weeks can backup CF I think that gives him the inside track on the utility spot. I think Peguero also will find a way to stick.

    It's hard imagining Reimold, Pearce, Peguero, Young, and even a leftie like Urrutia all being on the roster. I feel like Lough is a shoe in so that really negates any need for a lefty LF. I know Urrutia is primarily viewed as a LH DH but I also think Reimold is not a platoon guy and the O's know that.

    The roster is very fluid coming into this year. ST is going to be fun to watch.

    I think Pearce and Almanzar are as good as gone.
    Excellent point on Reimold. No real LHP/RHP split for his career. If he is healthy, making him the full-time DH would give the Orioles a bit more flexibility. Urrutia and Young could both start the season at Norfolk, with Casilla, Weeks, Peguero/Pearce, and Monell/Clevenger as our 4-man bench. If Reimold should go on the DL, Young comes up to replace him and Urrutia gets called up as well, with one of Weeks/Casilla sent down. Something to consider.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b

  15. #15
    Oldorioles is offline Plus Member since 04/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fallston, MD
    Posts
    1,036
    C- Wieters
    1B - Davis
    2B - Flaherty
    SS - Hardy
    3B - Machado
    RF - Markakis
    CF - Jones
    LF - Lough
    DH - Young
    Bench: Pearce, Casilla, Urrutia, Clevenger

    SP - Tillman
    SP - Gonzalez
    SP - Chen
    SP - Norris
    SP - Gausman
    RP - De La Cruz
    RP - Stinson
    RP - Britton
    RP - Webb
    RP - O'Day
    CL - Hunter

    DL: Reimold
    Suspended: Patton
    Give Back: Almanzar
    Try to get through Waivers: Peguero, Escalona

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us