+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anything else think Capuano to the Sox is good for the O's?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...medium=twitter

If it happens, I think we'll have a field day with him and his 88mph luke-warmer.

Left Hander that doesn't throw hard? Just the type of pitchers the Orioles seem to struggle with. He'll make the Orioles look bad a time or two in 2014. Didn't Joe Saunders pitch a shutout against the Orioles last year?

He is good depth for Boston. Him not going to Seattle also increases the odds of Seattle trying to sign Santana, although it looks like Toronto may be out on Santana anyway.

dan-O is offline Plus Member Since 07/08 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    He could be decent for them. I'd rather them sign him than Ervin Santana though, for sure.

He's perfect for Boston. From Massachusetts, and can start in the bullpen and step into the rotation if/when someone gets hurt or is ineffective.

Meh. He'd compete with Felix Doubront for the #5 starter.

murph is online now Plus Member Since 4/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Sounds like it happened:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3671/chris-capuano

It's a one-year, $2.25 million deal, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman.

Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Dave Cameron likes the deal, KLaw doesn't.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think it is a smart deal. I love depth. Heck, I would sign Saunders if price was right. He isn't as bad as last year.

Based on Capuano ($2.25MM) and Maholm ($1.5MM), Saunders should have to take a MiL deal. I'd be fine with that if he was willing to start the year at AAA or in the bullpen.

His fastball is a little better than I thought it was. Nice little 92 MPH Matusz-esque fastball. Sounds just like a guy that will own the crap out of us.

Sounds like JJ Hardy will enjoy this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dan-O View Post
    His fastball is a little better than I thought it was. Nice little 92 MPH Matusz-esque fastball. Sounds just like a guy that will own the crap out of us.
    Unless I read the Fangraphs page wrong, his fastball averages in the 88-89 range.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk