Today-What a Lineup!

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it has to be four starters, but four players likely to play on the 25 man roster or, at the least, competing for a 25 man roster spot. In other words, it can't be a lineup of players who are slated to play in Bowie. Weeks, Young, Clevenger, Pearce, Urrutia, Gonzalez and Almanzar are all fighting for a spot on the major league roster.

Don't think it has to be four starters, but four players likely to play on the 25 man roster or, at the least, competing for a 25 man roster spot. In other words, it can't be a lineup of players who are slated to play in Bowie. Weeks, Young, Clevenger, Pearce, Urrutia, Gonzalez and Almanzar are all fighting for a spot on the major league roster.

According to what I just read, this is the guidelines:

MLB requires four players who were regulars or platoon players the previous season are int he lineup for at least three innings for each spring training game.

Didnt Weeks and Gonzalez play for other clubs last year, so that should count.

And Delmon started a bunch of games for PHI and TB last year. Buck barely scrapes by but I think he is following the rule.

Pretty sure Weeks was in the minors last year. Gonzalez started at 1B for Milwaukee a bunch until tearing his ACL.

And Delmon started a bunch of games for PHI and TB last year. Buck barely scrapes by but I think he is following the rule.

Pretty sure Weeks was in the minors last year. Gonzalez started at 1B for Milwaukee a bunch until tearing his ACL.

Weeks was up with Oakland as a Sept call-up for nine games, according to what I just saw.

Jemile Weeks 2B

Quintin Berry CF

Delmon Young RF

Steve Clevenger C

Steve Pearce 1B

Henry Urrutia LF

Alex Gonzalez SS

Xavier Paul DH

Michael Almanzar 3B

Chris Tillman RHP

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2014/03/orioles-and-pirates-lineups-1.html

Pretty sure we aren't carrying four starters for this game.[/

Buck has to see as many players as he can. ST games don't matter if you win or

lose. Maybe this is the last chance for some to show what they can do. IMO

Jemile Weeks 2B

Quintin Berry CF

Delmon Young RF

Steve Clevenger C

Steve Pearce 1B

Henry Urrutia LF

Alex Gonzalez SS

Xavier Paul DH

Michael Almanzar 3B

Chris Tillman RHP

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2014/03/orioles-and-pirates-lineups-1.html

Pretty sure we aren't carrying four starters for this game.[/

Buck has to see as many players as he can. ST games don't matter if you win or

lose. Maybe this is the last chance for some to show what they can do. IMO

Looks better than the roster that Boston put up against Tampa and got fined for it.

Archived