2 Luis Polonia

2 Billy Ripken

2 Mark Parent

2 Pete Incaviglia

1 Gregg Zaun

1 Tony Tarasco

---------------------

257 TOTAL

That's the home run mark set by the 1996 Baltimore Orioles, then a major league record. Since then, the total has been topped only twice (1997 Mariners, 2005 Rangers). Most of us on the board were around to experience that terrific season. I think that, while the 257 mark will not be met, the team in 2014 is so loaded that they'll come close. I think it's a reasonable goal. So let's start a tracker!

Whoever finds a video of HR #1 feel free to get it started. :thumbsup1:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=31910521&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

#4 Adam Jones

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=31911197&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

#5 Delmon Young

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=31911577&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

#6 Matt Wieters

Sorry, internet was down for a couple days :)

The Young and Wieters home runs appeared to be the same exact pitch. Loopy curveball down and in.

Similar spots but I think Young hit a curve (77 MPH) and Wieters hit a slider (84 MPH). Either way, neither one of them was fooled by the breaking pitch. Particularly impressed by Wieters crushing that pitch on 0-2.

Schoop put one out tonight instead

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=31950261&topic_id=8879002&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

#7 Jonathan Schoop

Hey how is it some of these MLB.com vids can be embedded and some can't?

Hey how is it some of these MLB.com vids can be embedded and some can't?

I believe they don't enable it until a day or so later. Seems that sometimes they miss one or two, like yesterday when you could embed 2 of the HRs but not Young's. Young's is now enabled for embedding.

Back-to-back round-trippers by Davis and Wieters, and an unexpectedly good defensive game (2 really good plays) by the hot-hitting Delmon Young in left field on an otherwise dreadful day for the Orioles.

Back-to-back round-trippers by Davis and Wieters, and an unexpectedly good defensive game (2 really good plays) by the hot-hitting Delmon Young in left field on an otherwise dreadful day for the Orioles.

Talk about the world's shortest thread! :P

Wait. That's not funny. :(

It's a short thread RIGHT NOW, Scott.

We still have 5 and-a-half months, and 150 games left to play.

Very strong winds have held up at least 4 or 5 would-have-been Oriole round-trippers already.

When the O's start raking, you'll see this thread stretch out, for sure.

It's a short thread RIGHT NOW, Scott.

We still have 5 and-a-half months, and 150 games left to play.

Very strong winds have held up at least 4 or 5 would-have-been Oriole round-trippers already.

When the O's start raking, you'll see this thread stretch out, for sure.

I'm just instigating. I'm not at all worried about us hitting HRs. Frustrating so far but not worried.

Archived