Schoop - The Blessing.

Ommaculate

I hate to say this but maybe it's a blessing in disguise Manny is not starting. It gave Schoop an opportunity that he may not have gotten otherwise. Schoop looks like he could be great like Manny, and then when Manny comes back they will be an awesome duo. Blessing in disguise?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Flash, flashing the leather. Schoop's ABs were good considering the level of competition The Birds faced today.

I hate seeing Tazawa, man is he a fantastic BP arm!

Flaherty never disappoints. This guy is a talent, the best move ever was to keep Flaherty on the roster when he was a rookie. It is all going to add up these guys are going to be Champs!

I hate to say this but maybe it's a blessing in disguise Manny is not starting. It gave Schoop an opportunity that he may not have gotten otherwise. Schoop looks like he could be great like Manny, and then when Manny comes back they will be an awesome duo. Blessing in disguise?

I take back Billy Button's cookie and hand it to Ommaculate as the winner of the Opening Day Over-reactionary thread winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Manny isn't close. I think this is a moot point for another month. Once JJ comes back, we'll have Schoop at third, Flaherty at 2nd and Lombardozzi backing up. I still have faith in Flaherty. He's a better option at Camden yards then Lombardozzi imo.

Manny isn't close. I think this is a moot point for another month. Once JJ comes back, we'll have Schoop at third, Flaherty at 2nd and Lombardozzi backing up. I still have faith in Flaherty. He's a better option at Camden yards then Lombardozzi imo.

Agreed. The plan was to have Flash at 2nd and if he gave them anything with his bat it would just be icing on the cake.

Archived