2014 Chris Tillman Today

Il BuonO

Chris was around the plate most of the day. I saw a stat, somebody else throw it up here if you have it, that said he was 70% strikes. He didn't give up a walk until his final frame. Nothing to complain about there. The times he gave up the hits were when he was behind, but overall he was ok. Nothing spectacular, I'm sure he'd like to have gone deeper.

The Red Sox sure did nothing to help, fouling off a number of good pitches he made. Pedroia(big shock) was particularly troublesome. But as he has found a way to do in the past, he pitched himself out of trouble nad minimized the damage.

I'll take it.

IP 5

H 7

R 0

SO 4

BB 1

2014 ERA 1.80

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris was around the plate most of the day. I saw a stat, somebody else throw it up here if you have it, that said he was 70% strikes. He didn't give up a walk until his final frame. Nothing to complain about there. The times he gave up the hits were when he was behind, but overall he was ok. Nothing spectacular, I'm sure he'd like to have gone deeper.

The Red Sox sure did nothing to help, fouling off a number of good pitches he made. Pedroia(big shock) was particularly troublesome. But as he has found a way to do in the past, he pitched himself out of trouble and minimized the damage.

I'll take it.

IP 5

H 7

R 0

SO 4

BB 1

2014 ERA 1.80

I'll take it, too.

Being 1-0 instead of 0-1 makes this day off A WHOLE LOT EASIER TO STOMACH.

Chris was around the plate most of the day. I saw a stat, somebody else throw it up here if you have it, that said he was 70% strikes.

He threw 71 strikes in 104 pitches which is 68.3%. By comparison, Tillman finished the 2013 season with a 64.0% strike rate and is at 62.4% for his career.

36.6% of the pitches he threw were fouled off. He is 30.3% for his career, 30.9% in 2013, and the MLB average during Tillman's major league career is 27.0%. That supports what was already pretty evident that his high pitch count was in part driven by the Red Sox' ability to foul off pitches.

Red Sox are good at driving up pitch counts no doubt.

I think Tillman needs to get better at getting some weak contact in order to keep his pitch count down. Using off speed to keep hitters off balance for instance. This is what could take him to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IP 5

H 7

R 1

SO 4

BB 1

2014 ERA 1.80

Let me give you an OFFNY vitamin supplement, buddy. :)

Pitches: 104 (71 Strikes, 33 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNINGS

20 (16 Strikes, 4 Balls)

19 (12 Strikes, 7 Balls)

22 (16 Strikes, 6 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

25 (16 Strikes, 9 Balls)

Let me give you an OFFNY vitamin supplement, buddy. :)

Pitches: 104 (71 Strikes, 33 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNINGS

20 (16 Strikes, 4 Balls)

19 (12 Strikes, 7 Balls)

22 (16 Strikes, 6 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

25 (16 Strikes, 9 Balls)

Thx, buddy, you are the master. Rep returned.

Archived