Nelson Cruz almost earned half his paycheck in the first game.

Ommaculate

What was it I read recently, that MLB teams pay 3 million per win? It's because of Cruz we won that game. He had a good catch in the outfield and had the game winning homerun basically. So that's 3 million out of 8 million he has already earned. Looks like this is going to be a good deal. Loving Nelson Cruz!

Can mods fix my typo in the title? Thanks.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was it I read recently, that MLB teams pay 3 million per win? It's because of Cruz we won that game. He had a good catch in the outfield and had the game winning homerun basically. So that's 3 million out of 8 million he has already earned. Looks like this is going to be a good deal. Loving Nelson Cruz!

Can mods fix my typo in the title? Thanks.

So did he pitch also? Holy over reaction thread #4!

Have to mention Delmon Young too, he got the run in on that lucky swinging bunt. He didn't even get an RBI, I think that rule is stupid.

I disagree. The hitter has seriously inhibited the teams chance at a big inning. You knocked one in but you may have prevented several potential runs. What's the rule if the dp is due to the base runner (like sac fly and then the guy at 2nd gets thrown out trying to take 3rd)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. The hitter has seriously inhibited the teams chance at a big inning. You knocked one in but you may have prevented several potential runs. What's the rule if the dp is due to the base runner (like sac fly and then the guy at 2nd gets thrown out trying to take 3rd)?

He still got the run in, so it's an RBI. It should go into the books. He could have struck out and done nothing.

Yeah by that logic he could make an error every game and hit .000 and still be worth 3 million from one game alone... Regardless I am very happy to have him

No because when you start making mistakes you begin owing the team money, so it will even out.

Agreed' date=' I never understood why the batter is not credited with an RBI.[/quote']

From Run Batted in Wiki:

(b) The official scorer shall not credit a run batted in

<dl style="margin-top: 0.2em; margin-bottom: 0.5em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.200000762939453px;"><dd style="line-height: 1.5em; margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px;">(1) when the batter grounds into a force double play or a reverse-force double play; or

(2) when a fielder is charged with an error because the fielder muffs a throw at first base that would have completed a force double play.</dd></dl>

I don't quite think it works that way.

Correct.

With this kind of logic, maybe Chris Tillman should sit out the rest of the season to keep his ERA down (1.80.), and his winning percentage up (1.000, at 1-0.)

With those numbers, he would probably be looking at at an extension for at least $30 Million per year for 7 or 8 years.

Archived