Pitches: 98 (66 Strikes, 32 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

17 (12 Strikes, 5 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 6 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 6 Balls)

17 (13 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (12 Strikes, 2 Balls)

18 (91 Strikes, 9 Balls) *

* Chen recorded 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

The defense this series has largely been frustrating. Poor throw by Lough yesterday, poor throw by Flaherty yesterday, poor decision + dive by Cruz today, poor throw by Jones today and ball skipping off Davis. Just ugly defense. Inexcusable, really. Granted allowing..what...something like 40 base runners in 27 innings is also inexcusable, so.....

The defense this series has largely been frustrating. Poor throw by Lough yesterday, poor throw by Flaherty yesterday, poor decision + dive by Cruz today, poor throw by Jones today and ball skipping off Davis. Just ugly defense. Inexcusable, really. Granted allowing..what...something like 40 base runners in 27 innings is also inexcusable, so.....

I'd be interested in hearing others opinions on the throw from Jones, but from view it looked as if Davis tried to cut of the throw which would have been a bad decision. The ball looked to deflect off Davis but I didn't think initially it was that bad a throw.

COMPLETELY agree. I thought Jiminez looked really solid other then maybe 2 bad pitches. The poor throw by Lough was ugly. Yesterday I was yelling at the bar that the dive attempt by Cruz was an awful decision. I love the hustle. I love that the defense is going all out. But that ball landed 2 feet in front of him and clearly cost a run by it getting by him. None of the 3 pitchers so far have been lights out. I do not think the defense helped them though. Especially the last two games. Chen and Ubaldo were both better then their final numbers. Ubaldo better then Chen. I still like Chen though.

I'd be interested in hearing others opinions on the throw from Jones, but from view it looked as if Davis tried to cut of the throw which would have been a bad decision. The ball looked to deflect off Davis but I didn't think initially it was that bad a throw.

I thought it was just a horrible throw. Looked like the runner was just rounding 3rd when Jones was able to throw the ball. He should have had Middlebrooks dead to rights.

Yep. If you're gouging that ball, you run it through your head and come up with the fact that you're only going to catch it one time in 20, don't dive, just get in front of it and stop it. You cannot let that ball get by you. No idea at all what he was thinking there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You left out the most important pitcher stat...the WIN.

Perfect example of why that is a team stat. He gets run support and leaves in the 5th inning having the lead and he'll get the win. I'm not that confident going into his next start though.

Archived