+ Reply to Thread

Reactionary Thread To Win #2

Alright, since the reactions to games #4 made me want to tear my hair out in particular, we all saw the signs of life in the 7-6 loss against Detroit yesterday that gave us all hope. So with today's win, let's look at the positives, shall we?

- The near-comeback against Detroit yesterday showed what our bats can do. We knew it was a dangerous offense, and it is. But there's no doubt that Cruz is an upgrade, that Markakis is hitting more balls to the left side (as we want him to) and that we don't have a lot of holes in the line-up when things start clicking.

- We finally had our first quality start today, and Tillman looked dominant. We know the potential in the rest of the staff (well, some of us do), and there are some great looking arms in the bullpen (Meek, Hunter solid as closer, O'Day consistent as ever, and Britton lights out)

- There were a few defensive lapses in the first few games (although most were physical mistakes rather than the more unforgivable mental mistakes), but today we saw things coming together again. Some very nice plays by Markakis, Lough, Lombardozzi, Flaherty and Davis.

I mean, this was a 'last-place' team beating the Cy Young/MVP winner. If that's not good reason to head east hoping to kick some pinstriped ass, then I don't know what is.

LA2 is offline Plus member - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Hmm, a Coroner finding signs of life in the supposed Oriole corpse....

CA-ORIOLE is online now Plus Members Since 9/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Mar 2011
    We are on our way to the World Series. I can feel the momentum.

Woohoo! We will win the rest of our games, book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tntoriole is offline Plus Member Since 7/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CA-ORIOLE View Post
    We are on our way to the World Series. I can feel the momentum.
    It's something isn't it. Adam Jones lead the league in TWTW.

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Do we really need a new reactionary thread everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK27 View Post
    Think about all the threads that pop up as the result of one game? So isn't this constructive Mr. Grumpy Pants

Once all the starters not named Chris "The Man" Tillman settle down - and they will - we'll be fine...This is a good team, fellas!

Yesssssss! Well not every day, but on watershed days - why not?

Wieters flicking a bomb, Nellie serving one off the wall, Tillie outdueling, Schoop slip sliding away, Hunter dominating - these wins makin' me reactionary!

24fps is online now Plus Member Since 4/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    This beats the heck out of the 16 threads confidently predicting the sky falling after five games.

UpstateNYfan is offline Plus Member Since 01/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmc View Post
    Yesssssss! Well not every day, but on watershed days - why not?

Wieters flicking a bomb, Nellie serving one off the wall, Tillie outdueling, Schoop slip sliding away, Hunter dominating - these wins makin' me reactionary!
    Really, how can you leave AJ out of the accolades department. He gets knocked here for lacking in situational hitting, and yet he has a great at bat yesterday against one of the great pitchers in the game. That sac fly was the game, Wieters a nice add on to make Hunter's task easier.

The best news of the year so far is that Cruz looks nowhere done without his PED's. Cruz has had 2 huge hits in each win, so the O's could be 0-6 if Cruz didn't come through in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ommaculate View Post
    The best news of the year so far is that Cruz looks nowhere done without his PED's. Cruz has had 2 huge hits in each win, so the O's could be 0-6 if Cruz didn't come through in those situations.
    Cruz had a great game. Warning track fly ball in the first (including a long foul to right), walked in the 4th to give us our first scoring chance, huge rbi double in the 6th. He is looking like our best hitter so far.

Also Wieters looks like a new man this year. Maybe this is the year he hits .300 with power...

Flaherty got his first hit of the season. He is ready to tear it up!

Seriously, we just need a couple of solid starts by somebody other than Tillman. I am optimistic with Ubaldo tonight...not so much with Chen and Gonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateNYfan View Post
    Really, how can you leave AJ out of the accolades department. He gets knocked here for lacking in situational hitting, and yet he has a great at bat yesterday against one of the great pitchers in the game. That sac fly was the game, Wieters a nice add on to make Hunter's task easier.
    Oopsie - guess I was waiting for you to chime in and accentuate AJ's prowess!