Jonathan Schoop 3B

Ubaldo Jimenez, RHP, 0-1; 6.00 ERA

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ubaldo Jimenez

Career vs Current Yankees Roster

Batting Avg: 0.253 [24 / 95], BABIP: 0.266, FIP: 5.312, K%: 0.12, BB%: 0.11

25 Groundout, 23 Flyout, 16 Single, 13 Strikeout, 12 Walk, 5 Double, 3 Forceout, 3 Home Run, 2 Lineout, 2 Field Error, 2 Pop Out, 1 Bunt Groundout, 1 Sac Bunt, 1 Intent Walk, 1 Runner Out

http://baseballsavant.com/

Yankee Lineup

1. Brett Gardner (L) LF

2. Derek Jeter ® SS

3. Jacoby Ellsbury (L) CF

4. Carlos Beltran (S) RF

5. Brian McCann (L) C

6. Alfonso Soriano ® DH

7. Brian Roberts (S) 2B

8. Kelly Johnson (L) 1B

9. Yangervis Solarte (S) 3B

Hiroki Kuroda, RHP, 0-1; 3.00 ERA

Orioles Lineup

David Lough LF

Nick Markakis RF

Adam Jones CF

Chris Davis 1B

Matt Wieters C

Nelson Cruz DH

Steve Lombardozzi 2B

Ryan Flaherty SS

Jonathan Schoop 3B

Ubaldo Jimenez, RHP, 0-1; 6.00 ERA

Pinch-hitting for OFFNY .......

Number 32 ......

AGLETS STE LGA

Yanks lineup today: Who's on first? I don't know...third base.

CRUSH THE PINSTRIPERS and DEMORALIZE THEIR FOLLOWERS!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tuHezFweJ40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shame about Hardy

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Agreed, but on the flip side, SS is much deeper offensively than second base. Once you get past the top 5 you get in into guys like Andres Giménez, Nico Hoerner, and Gavin Lux.  2.9 is a pretty sharp number considering only 5-7 guys at 2B put that up last year.  His tool that’s going to carry him over the 2.9 is his base running. Not just steals, but he’s going to be a machine on the bases in front of Gunnar.  Holliday just has to start dropping some hits in. The numbers will come. I think the off day, and going on the road, will help him. Basically, it gets a chance to breathe. 
    • Worth noting that he had a 3.40 FIP and 2.95 xFIP in his 15.1 AAA innings so his bad AAA ERA was not supported by the peripherals. Also worth noting that the Orioles have to believe there’s potentially something there with Suárez, because not only did they go with him over Zimmerman (who was on turn and optionable), but they let Suárez have a lot of rope to continue pitching in the 5th/6th innings in a 1-run game with plenty of available RP. Hyde yanked Irvin with a 2 run lead in the 5th inning on Monday rather than let him go through the order a 3rd time. He let Suárez face the Twins’ 1-2-3 for a 3rd time in the 6th inning yesterday with a 1 run lead. Neither were high in pitch count. Yes Suárez was pitching well, but Hyde could have easily said those 5 IP were plenty good enough, let’s not risk a 3rd time through.  
    • I’d take the under, and I probably would have said that the day he got called up.  ZiPS had him at 2.7 before the season began, and now has him at 2.2 the rest of the way (he’s at -0.2 now, so the updated full season projection would be 2.0).  And I’d be perfectly fine with a 2 WAR season from a 20-year old rookie.  Witt had a 2.4 rookie year at 21, and look at him now.  
    • Hays has largely been awful (not mediocre) since July 1 of last year.
    • DocJJ, who tells all his patients.  “Let me give you the bad news first, please”! or ”It doesn’t look too good”.
    • He is a spry 75!   Not even old enough yet to run for President in the US. 
  • Popular Contributors