MLBTRADERUMORS: Matt Moore To have the Tommy John Surgery

weams

RAYS PITCHERS CONTINUE TO FALL TO INJURIES.

Matt Moore will undergo Tommy John surgery, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. The young hurler said that he decided to have the procedure after experiencing discomfort while throwing this afternoon. "What was coming out, it's a shame to be have to be shut down right now but it just wasn't comfortable," Moore said. "Being stuck in the position I am right now, where it's not exactly comfortable but it's not exactly completely broke, it's kind of one of those things where you know it's going to get worse."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were saying rehabbing the injury only had a 12% success rate.

He took the money right?

Kind of. He agreed to a 5 year $14M (total) deal in his rookie year it looks like. Pretty amazing in retrospect that the Rays could get him for that. That deal runs through 2016 and then they also have club options through 2019 that never exceed $10M per year.

Man the Rays really know how to work a roster.

I had the Rays winning the AL East this year but now? Not so sure. They're on thin ice and need Cobb to fire on all cylinders when he gets back.

David Price

Alex Cobb --> Erik Bedard

Matt Moore --> Cesar Ramos

Chris Archer

Jake Odorizzi

Remember Jeremy Hellickson is on the DL as well. Moore, Cobb and Hellickson would be a big chuck of a pretty good rotation.

They were saying rehabbing the injury only had a 12% success rate.

He took the money right?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Mariners&src=hash">#Mariners</a> scratch Taijuan Walker at Tacoma because of arm stiffness.</p>— Bob Dutton (@TNT_Mariners) <a href="

">April 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For years, the Rays have had the lowest injury rate of any team in the AL East. Their number was due to come up sooner or later.

God forbid Price gets injured before he is traded. They have to be think of this.

Kind of. He agreed to a 5 year $14M (total) deal in his rookie year it looks like. Pretty amazing in retrospect that the Rays could get him for that. That deal runs through 2016 and then they also have club options through 2019 that never exceed $10M per year.

Man the Rays really know how to work a roster.

That meant they paid him five times what he would have made for his first three years. With paying him half as much as he Could have made in arbitration.

The option years are probably cheap as well

The Tampa Bay Rays have reached agreement with rookie pitcher Matt Moore on a guaranteed five-year, $14 million contract, the team announced Friday afternoon.

The deal includes three club options and could extend to eight years for $39.75 million and buy out two years of Moore's free agency, a source said. It includes escalator clauses based on innings pitched and games started that could raise the overall value to $40 million.

He was an eighth round draft choice.

Ask Tommy Hanson if he's have like that deal.

THANKS SCOTT!

What am I missing here? Running joke? 12% success rate and Tommy John Surgery is not registering with me.

You need to read more closely is all, I wasn't referring to having surgery in that post.

If you choose to rehab the tear, rather then have the surgery, the success rate is about 12%. The was the path that Moore hoped to take.

Archived