Thread: vs. RAYS, 4/16

Flash- bd is offline Plus Member Since 7/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    I don't know. The thing is that it took Zach 34 pitches to get through those two innings. That sinker dives so much that it's hard to control, thus the high pitch counts. If he became a starter, I think we'd be a looking at another 5-6 inning starter. I like Zach as much as the next guy, but I think the O's may have found his best role in the pen.

He could be this team's Arthur Rhodes.
    Yeah, I mean I fully acknowledge that my desire to see him back in the rotation is based on a good deal of hope/baseless optimism and perhaps a small bit of reason.

On the other hand, his control wasn't a big problem in the minors, his BB/9 was usually average to slightly above average. It wasn't terrible in his rookie year either. I feel like with the confidence that his stuff is back--as it is--and that he can challenge hitters, + not having as fine a margin of error as you do when you're a reliever, that he could show good enough control to be successful. I just feel like he's got a lot of Tilly in him re: attitude/demeanor ("want-to" ) and that like with Tilly, his stuff is back to where it was when we got excited with him in the first place.

I like seeing that K with the fastball away.

WIN!

WEAVERMAN is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 - All-Star Hangouter Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Alright, two wins over TB, that's superb. Well done men.

Quote Originally Posted by dan-O View Post
    I like seeing that K with the fastball away.

WIN!
    That's always a fun way to end a game! Well pitched ball game from the O's. Good to see.

Back to .500.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Nuggets View Post
    David Lough is not hitting at all. How long before we're concerned?
    Seems like you already are so I'm thinking there is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by bd View Post
    Yeah, I mean I fully acknowledge that my desire to see him back in the rotation is based on a good deal of hope/baseless optimism and perhaps a small bit of reason.

On the other hand, his control wasn't a big problem in the minors, his BB/9 was usually average to slightly above average. It wasn't terrible in his rookie year either. I feel like with the confidence that his stuff is back--as it is--and that he can challenge hitters, + not having as fine a margin of error as you do when you're a reliever, that he could show good enough control to be successful. I just feel like he's got a lot of Tilly in him re: attitude/demeanor ("want-to" ) and that like with Tilly, his stuff is back to where it was when we got excited with him in the first place.
    One thing I've noticed is that Britton pitched from the stretch today, even when no one was on. Perhaps that is helping him control the ball a little bit better.

The Orioles are now 11-1 since 2012 with the Sopranos in theyard. You're welcome

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Patrick, the animal lover.

Oo

Quote Originally Posted by LAOSfan View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that Britton pitched from the stretch today, even when no one was on. Perhaps that is helping him control the ball a little bit better.
    He said a couple days ago, he's exclusively out of the stretch now. Said it simplifies thing for him. Lets him keep his arm slot right. Biggest key for him, arm slot.

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    The Orioles are now 11-1 since 2012 with the Sopranos in the yard.

You're welcome.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the game in this nice weather, Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    Patrick, the animal lover.

Oo
    I'm an "Animal" lover too!

Live or slow cooked...

Quote Originally Posted by OFFNY View Post
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the game in this nice weather, Tony.
    Temperature at game time.... 39 degrees. Brrr.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySoprano View Post
    The Orioles are now 11-1 since 2012 with the Sopranos in theyard. You're welcome
    We can all chip in to get you a Full Season Ticket package.