Nick's Knocks

Frobby

Nice to see Nick hit those doubles down the two foul lines yesterday. His stats aren't very good right now but I feel he's been hitting into some bad luck. I'm sure it's just my personal bias, but I think Nick is going to get hot and the rest of the offense will follow.

The one thing I've noticed is Nick has swung at the first pitch more often this year.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see Nick hit those doubles down the two foul lines yesterday. His stats aren't very good right now, but I feel he's been hitting into some bad luck. I'm sure it's just my personal bias, but I think Nick is going to get hot, and the rest of the offense will follow.

The one thing that I've noticed about his season to date is that Nick has swung at the first pitch more often.

Yep.

Very nice to see.

Nice to see Nick hit those doubles down the two foul lines yesterday. His stats aren't very good right now but I feel he's been hitting into some bad luck. I'm sure it's just my personal bias, but I think Nick is going to get hot and the rest of the offense will follow.

The one thing I've noticed is Nick has swung at the first pitch more often this year.

I hope so Frobby on both fronts. That would be very nice indeed.

I'd like to see him take some more pitches. He's too aggressive for a lead off hitter right now. He had a walk today which was a great AB, fouled off a couple and worked the count. That is what I expect from him.

I don't mind if he looks for an occasional first pitch to hit but he seems to be doing it a lot lately. Today was much better but at the end of the day I expect him to have one of the higher OBP on the team. He can't do that without taking more walks.

I'd like to see him take some more pitches. He's too aggressive for a lead off hitter right now. He had a walk today which was a great AB, fouled off a couple and worked the count. That is what I expect from him.

I don't mind if he looks for an occasional first pitch to hit but he seems to be doing it a lot lately. Today was much better but at the end of the day I expect him to have one of the higher OBP on the team. He can't do that without taking more walks.

Yep. If Nick, or anyone else for that matter, bats leadoff, he needs to understand what that role entails. And swinging at the first pitch your team sees in a baseball game ain't it most of the time (yes, yes...the double...which probably should have been ruled foul. Good luck doesn't spoil the general rule).

Yep. If Nick, or anyone else for that matter, bats leadoff, he needs to understand what that role entails. And swinging at the first pitch your team sees in a baseball game ain't it most of the time (yes, yes...the double...which probably should have been ruled foul. Good luck doesn't spoil the general rule).

Nick is batting over .500 when leading off the game. Will that do?

Nick is batting over .500 when leading off the game. Will that do?

Gosh, you're right. A sample size of 12 ABs clearly warrants tossing common sense for most leadoff hitters out the window (btw, his average drops to .318 with a .682 OPS when he leads off an inning) (btw, btw, a sample that size doesn't mean very much, either).

I noticed back in 2012 that he swings at the first pitch a ton when he hits leadoff. It seems to suit him.

Archived