Most Valuable-Schoop's Bat or Flaherty's Glove

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems as though these are the two main things each brings to the table. Schoop's bat and Flaherty's glove (or his ability to wear many gloves). All other issues aside' date=' which of the two would you deam most valuable?[/quote']

Have you been impressed with Flaherty's glove work so far this season?

I think Flaherty has looked good at all of the infield positions this year. Pretty tough when you are moving around 3 different positions but I think he's handled them all well.

And yes, he has been the emergency catcher.

It's tough for Buck with Hardy out because while Flaherty can play 2nd, SS, and 3rd just like Schoop can 2nd and 3rd. Lombo's pretty much limited to second. I think Schoop's glove will get better with time. We've been

truly fortunate to see Manny play third the past year plus. Not saying that Schoop hasn't made mistakes or he shouldn't improve but I think Manny's success defensively made us forget that 3B is still a tough position and

Jon is still a rookie. I think it's good to have them both though with Hardy out. Schoop's bat looks real promising and Flaherty's a good hitter too when you get him consistent playing time.

I think Flaherty has looked good at all of the infield positions this year. Pretty tough when you are moving around 3 different positions but I think he's handled them all well.

Two errors and wasn't there a possible DP that he failed to turn?

So far (yes it's very early) he looks pretty average to me.

Two errors and wasn't there a possible DP that he failed to turn?

So far (yes it's very early) he looks pretty average to me.

I think the error was the DP he did not turn. Or do you mean another? One that Davis misplayed?

You're really counting that play on Sunday as an error? I know it was scored that way but that wouldn't have been an error any time in the last 10 years and it shouldn't have been an error on Sunday night. I have a feeling that if people check Manny's stats from last year, he had more than zero errors too.

Average? At three different positions? I'd say being average at 3 different positions is actually above average.

No, average at three different positions is average. That is like saying I can play 20 kinds of cards poorly but since its 20 different kinds I am actually a good card player.

Archived