+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Brett Lawrie needs to be "adjusted"

What a jerk. I hope we put him on his butt tomorrow. You'd think he was Kirk Gibson in the 1988 World Series the way he acted after hitting his homer tonight. I despise him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    What a jerk. I hope we put him on his butt tomorrow. You'd think he was Kirk Gibson in the 1988 World Series the way he acted after hitting his homer tonight. I despise him.
    This is the best post you have ever made.

LA2 is online now Plus member - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Then when he went out to his position he clowned around with Reyes like they thought the O's were a softball team.

OrangeJerseys is offline Plus Member since 02/07 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    This is the best post you have ever made.
    Seconded.

murph is offline Plus Member Since 4/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJerseys View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded.

So glad Lawrie is on the other side.

Tx Oriole is offline Plus Member Since 04/04 - All-Star Hangouter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Sometimes guys act stupidly.

Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Oriole View Post
    Sometimes guys act stupidly.
    In Lawrie's case, it's all the time.

murph is offline Plus Member Since 4/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I think I would actually take Swisher over Lawrie.....and that is saying something.

section18 is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I agree with you 100%. Lawrie has joined the CHEATERS Club in Toronto. With their supposedly Canadian maple bats and the guy who flashes signs in CF this will be a bad series for us. It is what it is. Toronto crushes the ball with some of the longest HR'S you'll ever see. Their players know they are cheating and act like jerks on the field and in the dugout. Some day MLB will investigate. Their announcers even joke about their long HR'S in Toronto. They say on the air "Wow." How did he do that?

Lawrie I believe hit his first HR of the season the last Sunday game recently at OP. He hit a homer to deep left field that went to the concourse area where fans walk just below the lower reserved seat section. It was like a lazer. I was at the game Rasmus hit the two out two strike pitch to tie the game off Hunter on Saturday night when they were here recently. I believe they said it was a high outside 97 mph fastball he pulled and crushed to right field. They were still talking about this HR a week after he hit it and they wondered how he pulled that pitch and hit it that far. The guy was a bust with St. Louis and gets traded to Toronto and suddenly finds his HR stroke just like Bautista and Encarnacion. You can google the story from last season or the season before when the Red Sox bullpen saw a guy in the CF seats flashing signs to their hitters. I think they had already hit several HR'S that game and Boston stopped the game and told the umpires who made the guy move. I noticed after the last HR tonight they hit Buck was looking out to the outfield it seemed a long time. We need someone from the team to sit out there in CF and look for the guy. On their next long HR Buck needs to ask to see the bat and have it checked. Not sure about the rule on this. I know the old pine tar story but this is different. I haven't been watchingToronto closely this year when they bat to see what kind of bats they are using. Last year their HR guys were all using black bats. It's harder to spot anything on a black bat.

Back to Lawrie. I've read and heard players talk about him and they say he is a real jerk and most players don't like him.
    Last edited by section18; 04-22-2014 at 10:55 PM.

clapdiddy is online now Plus Member Since 02/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I think I would actually take Swisher over Lawrie.....and that is saying something.
    Yes. At least Swisher is a legitimate player.

scottbbfm is offline Plus member since 06/09 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I think of Jesse Pinkman playing baseball when I see him

Meh. It's the Orioles that need an adjustment. Best way to shut folks like Lawrie up is to beat them.

I fail to see how potentially hitting a man in the head with a baseball moving 90MPH is fair retaliation for a guy watching his homerun a little bit longer then you'd personally like.

I so agree with this. Every time the dude catches a pop up he slams his arm down as if he's flexing. He makes it readily apparent how full of himself he is each and every time he does ANYTHING- not even Sportscenter worthy anything, but literally ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by FlipTheBird View Post
    Meh. It's the Orioles that need an adjustment. Best way to shut folks like Lawrie up is to beat them.
    Wow, what an enlightened way to view it. You are so right. We should just beat them every single time we play. Can you call them and tell Buck to make sure they never let them win another game? You are so right about this.