Brad Brach

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>While <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> decide whether Kevin Gausman goes on minor league DL w/intercostal (likely), RHP Brad Brach is meeting them in Minnesota.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brach threw an inning last night at AAA Norfolk, but only 16 pitches and figures to be available tonight. 26 strikeouts in 13 innings.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Surprised to see that he pitched last night in Norfolk. You would think that the Orioles would have planned ahead and told the Tides not to pitch whoever they might bring up if the bullpen was used as heavily as it normally is in a doubleheader. It was certainly foreseeable that they would add a reliever today.

Surprised to see that he pitched last night in Norfolk. You would think that the Orioles would have planned ahead and told the Tides not to pitch whoever they might bring up if the bullpen was used as heavily as it normally is in a doubleheader. It was certainly foreseeable that they would add a reliever today.

He only threw 16 pitches.

I think they were planning on Gaussman being the guy they held back... then the injury.

Oof.. just noticed this: 4.85 ERA in AAA so far.

Era may be "artificially" high right now since he's only pitched 13 innings. Allowing 18 hits isn't good either, but 26 strikeouts is unreal. Plus, ZERO home runs allowed and only 4 bb's. With all those K's, so few walks, and no hr's, I'm wondering how many of those hits were hard.

Era may be "artificially" high right no since he's only pitched 13 innings. Allowing 18 hits isn't good either, but 26 strikeouts is unreal. Plus, ZERO home runs allowed and only 4 bb's. With all those K's, so few walks, and no hr's, I'm wondering how many of those hits were hard.

Yeah, that's a lot of hits. He's not a sinker baller either. If anything his stats form SD indicate he's an extreme flyball pitcher.

Yeah, that's a lot of hits. He's not a sinker baller either. If anything his stats form SD indicate he's an extreme flyball pitcher.

That's a new one for me. Does that mean hitters hit the ball higher? :D

As long as the fly balls stay in the park (remember, zero home runs so far), I'm ok with Brach being a fly ball pitcher. An out is an out.

Archived