Is Gausman Thursday's starter? (Officially Wednesday)

wildcard

That is Gausman's night to pitch after starting for Norfolk last Sat. Buck has not announced a starter yet.

He has averaged a 0.00 ERA in his last three starts with a 1.06 WHIP in 75 pitches in 4.2 IP. He is ready to move to 90 pitches.

See what Roch has to say:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/05/uncertainty-in-orioles-rotation-this-week.html

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is Gausman's night to pitch after starting for Norfolk last Sat. Buck has not announced a starter yet.

He has averaged a 0.00 ERA in his last three starts with a 1.06 WHIP in 75 pitches in 4.2 IP. He is ready to move to 90 pitches.

See what Roch has to say:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/05/uncertainty-in-orioles-rotation-this-week.html

He just got back from the DL, he is still on a pitch count, we don't need him, he needs to pitch at AAA....

Why does this proposed move make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just got back from the DL, he is still on a pitch count, we don't need him, he needs to pitch at AAA....

Why does this proposed move make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't. He might as well have pointed out that Gausman, not Gonzo, was on the team calendar.

I'd be very surprised if Gausman were called up, considering that Gonzalez was very good his last time out and Gausman hasn't been allowed to exceed ~75 pitches yet and still has some things to work on. I covered all that in another thread and won't repeat all my points here.

At the same time, I am not going to say it's impossible.

Why would they replace Gonzo. He had a very good game last time out. You have Gausman on the brain.

Because he has been more consistent than Gonzalez. Gonzalez can easily be transitioned to the BP and may actually be a guy we can consider for closer. He has not been great so far this year in the rotation and because he had one good start is not a great reason.

I could even envision a scenario where they promote Gausman and Chen and Gonzalez are skipped for their respective starts as Gausman is stretched out effectively giving us a six man rotation.

Then again it may be too soon. We are in 1st place, but I would be in support of the move.

I think Gonzo is the starter most in danger of losing his job to Gausman, but we're not at that point yet.
Gonzo is only in danger of losing his job if the fans are making the decision. It's ridiculous. If Chen is injured it doesn't make sense to start Gonzo on short rest

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Expect the Orioles will announce the two TBA starters later tonight.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because he has been more consistent than Gonzalez. Gonzalez can easily be transitioned to the BP and may actually be a guy we can consider for closer. He has not been great so far this year in the rotation and because he had one good start is not a great reason.

I could even envision a scenario where they promote Gausman and Chen and Gonzalez are skipped for their respective starts as Gausman is stretched out effectively giving us a six man rotation.

Then again it may be too soon. We are in 1st place, but I would be in support of the move.

I'll have what your smoking.

Archived