+ Reply to Thread

PressBoxOnline: Move to Bullpen Revitalizes Zach Britton

Paul Folk.

Britton, once one of the Birds' top pitching prospects, made a career-high 28 starts during a promising rookie campaign in 2011. This year, Britton was a bad camp away from his Orioles career potentially coming to an end -- and from joining the likes of Jake Arrieta, Hayden Penn, Adam Loewen and Matt Riley on the ignominious list of failed Orioles pitching prospects from recent years.

socalbirdfan is offline Plus Member since 4/21/2012 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Excellent article Paul. I'm interested in the weighted ball routine. I've read this before about him and I'm curious as to how he maintains his velocity throughout the season. I'd like to see him get the chance as a starter again eventually, but he seems to be using only two pitches right now so I don't know how realistic this is.

Britton's move to closer precipitated Troy Patton's use as relief ace today. Tommy Hunter -1 Zach Britton -1

foxfield is offline Plus Member Since 9/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The Thriving Metropolis of Burkeville, VA
    Very nice article. Thanks Paul

Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    Britton's move to closer precipitated Troy Patton's use as relief ace today. Tommy Hunter -1 Zach Britton -1
    Which is more vital? A closer or a middle reliever for a team trailing by 2 runs.