Draft selections

Anyone else find the O's choices so far a bit mystifying? Through the 26th round we have only picked 4 position players. Not sure of their thinking but guess they have a plan. If I am a pitcher still in Instructs back in Florida though I might be getting a bit nervous about my future.

Anyone else find the O's choices so far a bit mystifying? Through the 26th round we have only picked 4 position players. Not sure of their thinking but guess they have a plan. If I am a pitcher still in Instructs back in Florida though I might be getting a bit nervous about my future.

I guess we are following the Cardinals model these days. Pitching, Pitching, More pitching, and then pitching again.

Duh, we're obviously drafting all this pitching because we're getting ready to make a big splash on position players when the international market starts up. :laughlol:

I would not expect that. No. I just don;t think we see value is space fillers at the low minor league level. It's a change from the days when we drafted utility infielders. I assume that we feel that we can always just claim one.

Not impressed with this draft at all , only pick I like that looks half decent is the pitcher out o ND Pat Connaughton . I think missing out until pick 90 really through them really off this year . I kind of expected it though , really surprised they went so pitcher heavy that's for sure .

I agree should of been taking shots at HS players with our late round picks or at least guys with some high upside, looks like we took a lot of 22- 23 year olds that are relief pitchers or utility guys in the big leagues at best.smh

We had a total of 4.3 million that we could spend on this draft. That's to sign 27 players. Figure out how many over slots you could get there.

Even if you took 10 and only signed five , long as they would of had higher upside than the ones we took.

You do realize that we get to dangle the great sum of 100,000 dollars at them to keep them from going to college. Right? They can't relly lose by going to school if they are really prospects.

Rajisch talks about the O's draft.

Most important, the O's landed players who ranked highly on their own Draft board.

After snagging Gonzalez , the Orioles kept landing players they were surprised to see still on the board when their turn came around.

With a major haul of promising pitchers -- and ones that are more frequently in their early 20s than late teens -- the O's attacked their most glaring weakness with a bunch that could make its way to the Majors faster than the average Draft class.

"We didn't count on getting the four or five first guys that we got," Rajsich said. "We thought we'd get maybe one or two, so we're extremely satisfied with what we were able to get."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/bal/baltimore-orioles-follow-through-on-plan-to-restock-arms?ymd=20140607&content_id=78688884&vkey=news_bal

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O's scouting dir. Gary Rajisch said club is close 2 signing several picks. Some top 10 rounders it appears. More on MASN pregame 2 day.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived