30th Round - Mike Burke - RHP - Buffalo

• 2 years later...

o

9 up, 9 down.

3 innings on only 28 pitches ...... 22 for strikes.

8 out of the 9 outs that Burke recorded came via the strikeout and the ground ball.

9 OUTS: 4 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 1 Flyout

MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER BURKE O (vs. Advanced-A Potomac, 6/11)

IP:l 3

H:;; 0 ll

R:l) 0

BB: 0

SO: 4

Pitches: 28 (22 Strikes, 6 Balls)

2016 ERA: 0.00 (Advanced-A Frederick)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

81 (71 Strikes, 1 Balls)

71 (61 Strikes, 1 Balls)

• 1 month later...

o

I wrote to Mike Burke about 3 weeks ago, and asked him why he was sent down from Advanced-A Frederick when he was pitching great there.

He told me that the organization is jockeying their higher draft picks for innings as a priority, hence a 30th-round draft pick like himself has to move to accommodate them, regardless of how well he has been pitching.

I have not seen him pitch, but this guy is mowing EVERYBODY down in a similar fashion to the way that John Means was owning the Advanced-A League earlier this season before his promotion to AA-Bowie.

o

I wrote to Mike Burke about 3 weeks ago, and asked him why he was sent down from Advanced-A Frederick when he was pitching great there.

He told me that the organization is jockeying their higher draft picks for innings as a priority, hence a 30th-round draft pick like himself has to move to accommodate them, regardless of how well he has been pitching.

I have not seen him pitch, but this guy is mowing EVERYBODY down in a similar fashion to the way that John Means was owning the Advanced-A League earlier this season before his promotion to AA-Bowie.

Makes sense. We did recently promote Meisenger and Cleavinger to Fred. right around the same time. I'm sure that didn't help.

Archived