Chance Sisco...

EagleOriole

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely intrigued. Right now the top hitting prospect is probably Walker, with Alvarez there but older.

Sisco could step into that league with a good 2nd half. He has age on his side. Hopefully his defense is also strong.

Anyone else excited about a 19 year old catcher who is slashing .291/.366/.412 at Low A Delmarva?

How is he viewed defensively? Is he becoming a top hitting prospect in the system?

He's two and half years young for his League and he's putting up a .310/.379/.437/.816 slash line so far. I'd say that's something to be excited about. Defensively he's thrown out 25% of base stealers and from what I've heard he's doing ok on most other aspects, especially considering he hasn't been a catcher very long.

He's cementing himself as the Orioles top positional prospect this season.

I'm sure he's still a raw talent behind the plate, considering he moved to catcher late in his high school "career." But, there's a ton to like and plenty of upside.

At 6'2'' and 193 lbs, good size for a catcher. In addition to the slash line that Tony posted, he started slow and has really come on strong. Over his last 10 games, he's posted .471 avg, .561 obp, .706 slugging, and 1.267 ops. 6 bb's and 6 k's (although the ratio is not nearly as good for the whole season).

Even if he can't stick at catcher, and I don't think there's a reason to think that, his bat looks strong enough to profile well at 1B or corner OF, as well.

Main weak point in his hitting seems to be the lefties. He's only had 25 ABs this year against them, but had only 3 hits. Hopefully they give him a little more exposure to them as the season goes on so he can start adjusting. In fairness, he did go 8/24 against them last year, but it was the GCL.

Sisco continues to be en fuego. I can't access milb.com right now, but when I checked the box score mid-game last night, Sisco had two more hits and had raised his average to .326. Not bad for a kid who is 2.4 years younger than league average! Could you make a case for him as the no. 3 prospect in the organization right now, behind only Bundy and Harvey?

Sisco continues to be en fuego. I can't access milb.com right now, but when I checked the box score mid-game last night, Sisco had two more hits and had raised his average to .326. Not bad for a kid who is 2.4 years younger than league average! Could you make a case for him as the no. 3 prospect in the organization right now, behind only Bundy and Harvey?

Can they move him up?

I don't have a problem leaving him in Delmarva all year. The defensive part of his game needs polish and it may be best to let him work on that all year in low A, a level where he's proven he can handle his offensive responsibilities.

He's certainly in the conversation if not the front runner at this point.

3-5 with 2 BB last night - he now has 19 walks in about 190 ABs...

.327/.401./.444/.845 - with 14 2Bs, it seems he will develop power.

Tony, what is your opinion on moving him up?

Because he's a catcher, I'd like to see him do a full-season in Delmarva. He's learning how to catch at the professional level and part of that is learning his pitchers and the hitters. I like him where he's at.

I don't have a problem leaving him in Delmarva all year.

So Matt Wieters is likely leaving after next season. Here's what I don't want the O's to do.

1. Promote Sisco from Delmarva to Frederick for second 1/2 of this season.

2. Frederick and Bowie next year.

3. Basically start with the O's in 2016.

If he forces this, great. However, I sure hope they don't rush his development in order to be ready for Wieters to leave.

So Matt Wieters is likely leaving after next season. Here's what I don't want the O's to do.

If he forces this, great. However, I sure hope they don't rush his development in order to be ready for Wieters to leave.

I think that schedule is awfully aggressive for a high school catcher. He can't be on the same aggressive schedule just because his bat is playing well but his defense certainly will need time to develop. Remember, Buck is a defense first kind of manager for his catchers.

I think that schedule is awfully aggressive for a high school catcher. He can't be on the same aggressive schedule just because his bat is playing well but his defense certainly will need time to develop. Remember, Buck is a defense first kind of manager for his catchers.

I tell you what, Delmarva's got a fantastic pitching staff. Love seeing Sisco quarterbacking that a bit...

After a horrendous start, Mike Ohlman is hitting very well at Bowie. We'll see what Joseph can continue to bring. May not be great options, but the O's do at least have options to bridge between Wieters and if Sisco arrives.

Archived