+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad weather = no flight (or delayed flight) Mulling train or bus ride to Boston

So with the bad weather the Os flight was not expected to get into Baltimore until 2 am. So far I have not heard an update on that. But they were mulling over taking a train or bus which would be an 8 hour ride (once they got on the road). Detroit faced a similar problem when their flight was grounded due to their plane breaking down and were swept by the Indians that series.

So in lieu of all of this, I do hope the game is rained out on Friday so the players can get some rest etc. The last thing I want to happen is they play this game with little to no sleep and then are trying to catch up on sleep the next 3 days. After taking first place it could easily slip away.

So what does everyone see happening in this series? Predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by playbaltimorecom View Post
    If the game is rained out tomorrow I still see the Os winning the series. If it isnt rained out, I very well see dropping two of three or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by playbaltimorecom View Post
    Orioles sweep.

#teamofWSdestiny

#Icalledit

#IcalleditEARLY

90% chance of rain at noon and then 100% chance of rain the rest of the day in Boston until 11 pm when it drops to 90% again. Get some rest boys! This one doesnt look like its gonna happen.

oriole is online now Plus Member since 01/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by terps19 View Post
    90% chance of rain at noon and then 100% chance of rain the rest of the day in Boston until 11 pm when it drops to 90% again. Get some rest boys! This one doesnt look like its gonna happen.
    That's what I thought about last night too.

Just a long fly ball from Tropicana field
    Unless Hurricane Andrew makes a sharp detour, it's hard to imagine how they would play. The Boston forecast calls for flash flood warnings and chances of 1-2" per hour downpours from noon through this evening.

howboutthoseos is offline Plus Member since 8/17/2012 Norfolk Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Is there any news on where the Orioles actually are physically right now? I never saw an update on if or how they got out of town.

And just my luck. My wife and I have tickets for todays game. We have planned this trip for 6 months.

I can't win for losing!

Quote Originally Posted by MdSooner View Post
    And just my luck. My wife and I have tickets for todays game. We have planned this trip for 6 months.

I can't win for losing!
    http://www.google.org/publicalerts/a...=us&source=web

Dont get off work till six, so a rain out abd double header tomorrow sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MdSooner View Post

I can't win for losing!
    If you have the time you might be lucky and get to go to both games tomorrow for the price of one if they schedule a double header.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    They've already postponed the boston Pops Concert and fire works show for tonight. That's why it was a day game to begin with. By the way, Boston's fireworks show is pretty good.

Just a long fly ball from Tropicana field
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    They've already postponed the boston Pops Concert and fire works show for tonight. That's why it was a day game to begin with. By the way, Boston's fireworks show is pretty good.
    I believe they did them last night in anticipation of the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by mdbdotcom View Post
    I believe they did them last night in anticipation of the weather.

Yes, the firework display was last night. It was supposed to start at 10:30pm. But due to the impending weather they moved the start time to 10:00pm without letting anyone know.

The display was pretty kewl but I think the ones at Camden Yards are just as good if not better