16 consecutive games against Oakland, Anaheim, and Seattle

MarkakisFan21

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to open the second half. Wow that is tough. Coming out of that stretch of games with a winning record would be real impressive.

Would be a miracle is more accurate. That is absolutely brutal that stretch.

Yes, that's tough, but we have 7 games to play before we even begin that stretch. I'm more concerned with those for now.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but we had a 7-4 West Coast swing in April 2013. We were 12-8 overall against the Angels, A's and Mariners last year. Certainly all three teams look better this year, but we'll go nose-to-nose with anyone.

Yes, that's tough, but we have 7 games to play before we even begin that stretch. I'm more concerned with those for now.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but we had a 7-4 West Coast swing in April 2013. We were 12-8 overall against the Angels, A's and Mariners last year. Certainly all three teams look better this year, but we'll go nose-to-nose with anyone.

I think the team will be alright against those teams Frobby. Anyway I am not one to panic over the games.

I'd like to get the Angels games in before they acquire their starting rotation help.

I think the Angels are a bit overrated. They were playing just ok up until the last month when they went on a run. However if you look at who they played you can see why. Cleveland,Texas, Minnesota, KC, White Sox, and Houston. Their rotation is nothing spectacular with Weaver and Richards being good but Wilson has been average along with Shoemaker and Santiago.

The O's have got to come out of the break on all cylinders. It's looking like both wild cards could be coming out of the west this year. This is an opportunity to close an unfortunately realistic gap between us and the third place team of the west. We don't have both Houston and Texas to beat up on.

I think the Angels are a bit overrated. They were playing just ok up until the last month when they went on a run. However if you look at who they played you can see why. Cleveland,Texas, Minnesota, KC, White Sox, and Houston. Their rotation is nothing spectacular with Weaver and Richards being good but Wilson has been average along with Shoemaker and Santiago.

That's why I want to play them sooner than later. I'd prefer to not end up facing Weaver, Richards and Lee/Price/whatever.

I'd rather make a west coast swing after basically a seven game homes stand followed by the AS break. Everyone should be rested and the fights and arrivals won't be at 4 AM in the morning. Tough swing, but if the O's are championship material they should be able to be do at least .500.

The O's have got to come out of the break on all cylinders. It's looking like both wild cards could be coming out of the west this year. This is an opportunity to close an unfortunately realistic gap between us and the third place team of the west. We don't have both Houston and Texas to beat up on.
Why would you say that? We are currently tied with SEA fo the second WC. We may not have HOU and TEX to kick around but we have BOS and the MFY.

If the Orioles play the way they are capable of then they will navigate through this tough stretch.

Have faith but be realistic if they could pull off 7-9 or even 8-8 or better then I doubt any team in the AL East really gains all that much ground if any at all.

In the meantime as Frobby pointed out we have more immediate games to be concerned with and opportunities to put ourselves in a position were treading water on a tough 16 game trip would be just fine.

Archived