Bottom line we need a real closer.

Greg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get real.. Two incredibly lucky hits to set that up... Britton is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Bud you don't lose games when your up 2 in the 9th. Luck is part of Baseball.

We need the opposite of a closer. If there are better match ups to be played, they should be played. Save rule be damned.

Tonight's loss was 100% unacceptable. And before anyone says "swinging bunt and a bloop," both teams had an equal number of opportunities to get swinging bunts and bloops during tonight's game. But regardless, it wasn't a bunt/bloop that scored three runs with a single swing.

Shockingly awful showing in a playoff atmosphere. Might as well have been JJ out there again.

You're kidding right? The guy has been spectacular all year.He had a swinging bunt, a bloop, and then he gave up the cushier. It happens.Id take Britton anyway over 90% of the closers in the game.

In case you're wondering, folks: yes, I am psychic. Which is also why I muted the game as soon as the swinging bunt reached based.

You're kidding right? The guy has been spectacular all year.He had a swinging bunt, a bloop, and then he gave up the cushier. It happens.Id take Britton anyway over 90% of the closers in the game.

No Roy that was a awful awful 0-2 to Cespedes that balls gotta be in the dirt. Bloop hits happen and that was a meatball to Josh.

These threads are overreactionary and overblown. They express extreme ignorance on the part of the poster.

I understand you're frustrated, but there's no use looking like an idiot when you're at your lowest.

These types of reactionary threads should be prohibited on the OH.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Maybe it's semantics but I don't think Holliday sticking at 2nd means Mayo is considered good at 3rd.  It sounds like Mayo might be good enough to stick at 3rd but I think they were/are comfortable going with Westburg at 3B regardless of how Mayo looked there.  The plan was Holliday to 2nd whether Mayo could stick at 3rd or not.
    • Holliday probably will never be the regular Oriole SS even IF Henderson leaves but definitely not while Gunnar is still an Oriole.  The good thing is that Holliday knows it and understands it.
    • I think it's more likely than Holliday eventually moves to SS, with Gunnar moving to 3b, Westburg at 2b, and Mayo shifting to another position. 
    • I can see an argument for letting Stowers be the 4th outfielder to start the season, to give him a chance to show that he can hit major league pitching.  If he does, you can package him for a quality arm or two.   Either way, Cowser replaces him after 6-8 weeks.  
    • I’m on record for like eight or nine months now stating that I think he will be the 2024 OD starter at 2B but he is not a plus defender there. He’s far more equipped to be a better defensive 2B than he what profiles on D as a SS but he’s not remotely a plus defender today. He’s where he is because of his bat.  Can he become a plus defender at 2B? I think he has a better chance of that than as a SS but time will tell. Him sticking at 2B is the best case scenario for the O’s because it most likely means that Mayo is good enough to play a Major League 3B. 
    • If Bauer were some combination of well-liked, humble, or non-controversial outside of his legal issues, someone would give him a shot. Domingo German is on a roster and it didn't register a blip on the news cycle because casual sports fans haven't heard of him. But just like the former 49ers QB, the Bauer headache outweighs what he would be likely to contribute on the field, so he remains unemployed. If someone were going to take a chance on him, it would have already happened.
    • First, stay tuned for this season as Franco and. Bauer try to rehabilitate their images on reality TV.   Not to worry, all of the woman are the age of consent and trained in self-defense.    
  • Popular Contributors