Perfect Game Classic

2014 PG All-American Classic rosters

Selections have been made and 27 players will represent the East, with 27 players chosen to represent the West.

The East will be represented by John Aiello (Lansdale, Pa.), Kep Brown (Mount Pleasant, S.C.), Willie Burger (Maytown, Pa.), Dazmon Cameron (McDonough, Ga.), Chris Chatfield (Riverview, Fla.), Tristin English (Williamson, Ga.), Donny Everett (Clarksville, Tenn.), Nick Fortes (Deland, Fla.), Isiah Gilliam (Lilburn, Ga.), Hogan Harris (Lafayette, La.), Juan Hillman (Haines City, Fla.), Jonathan India (Coral Gables, Fla.), Alonzo Jones (Columbus, Ga.), Jahmai Jones (Roswell, Ga.), Elih Marrero (Miami, Fla.), Triston McKenzie (Royal Palm Beach, Fla.), Ryan Mountcastle (Winter Springs, Fla.), Mike Nikorak (Stroudsburg, Pa.), Cornelius Randolph (Griffin, Ga.), Daniel Reyes (Miami Springs, Fla.), Austin Riley (Hernando, Miss.), Brendan Rodgers (Longwood, Fla.), Ashe Russell (Indianapolis, Ind.), Austin Smith (Boynton Beach, Fla.), Brandt Stallings (Buford, Ga.), Thomas Szapucki (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.), and Kyle Tucker (Tampa, Fla.).

The West will be represented by Kolby Allard (San Clemente, Calif.), Christifer Andritsos (The Woodlands, Texas), Luken Baker (Spring, Texas), Chris Betts (Long Beach, Calif.), Beau Burrows (Weatherford, Texas), Trenton Clark (Fort Worth, Texas), Kody Clemens (Houston, Texas), Wyatt Cross (Broomfield, Colo.), Devin Davis (Santa Clarita, Calif.), Kyle Dean (San Diego, Calif.), Joe DeMers (Martinez, Calif.), Doak Dozier (Fort Worth, Texas), Drew Finley (San Diego, Calif.), Cadyn Grenier (Henderson, Nev.), Mitchell Hansen (Plano, Texas), Ke'Bryan Hayes (Tomball, Texas), Justin Hooper (San Ramon, Calif.), Ryan Johnson (College Station, Texas), Parker Kelly (Portland, Ore.), Ryan Cole McKay (Spring Branch, Texas), Kyle Molnar (Aliso Viejo, Calif.), Josh Naylor (Mississauga, Ont.), Greg Pickett (Aurora, Colo.), Patrick Sandoval (Mission Viejo, Calif.), Nick Shumpert (Lone Tree, Colo.), Lucas Wakamatsu (Keller, Texas), and Corey Zangari (Midwest City, Okla.)

A couple general thoughts and questions:

Out of a total of 50 states only 14 + 1 Canadian Province are represented.

4 States represent 39 out of 54 spots.

PA and Colorado are tied for 5th most players.

Is this a normal representation for baseball prospects? I realize that Texas, CA, FLA, and GA are best suited for weather for playing baseball, but I am really surprised by the lack of Representation from the rest of the country. I have played and coached baseball in PA my whole like and always thought we were way behind most states with our ability levels, especially because of the weather problems, but maybe I am incorrect.

Any comments would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

By the overall numbers, Florida, California, Georgia and Texas do produce the most kids drafted. I seem to recall that it isn't close. Seems like Pennsylvania does have some good talent, but usually smaller numbers. North Carolina and the state of Washington regularly seem to have some premium talent.

Having a 14U player on a very busy FTB team that plays many national level tournaments, we have seen the top teams and talent from all over the country. And it is along the same lines geographically. Last year, a team from Maryland, Dig In Baseball, won the Elite 32 (USSSA). They beat us in the semi finals (forfeit) due to a procedural error by our coaching staff, but they were good. We have a real good kid, Nick O'Day, from Philly area who occasionally plays with us. He is the real deal as a hitter...barrels up and hits it hard. Have another really good prospect from NJ, Ahn. Both kids are as good as any out there.

Archived