Is the Baltimore Sun right with their Top 10 Prospects?

wildcard

The Sun just published their list of the O's Mid season Top 10 Prospects. I don't think Tony has done one since last November. The Orioles website has a list that considers that Gausman and Schoop have moved to the the majors.

My question is do you think the Sun's list is right for the current Top 10?

1, Bundy

2. Harvey

3. Ed Rod

4. Sisco

5. Alvarez

6. Walker

7. Tim Berry

8. Hart

9. Bridwell

10. Yastrzemski

Opinions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sun just published their list of the O's Mid season Top 10 Prospects. I don't think Tony has done one since last November. The Orioles website has a list that considers that Gausman and Schoop have moved to the the majors.

My question is do you this the Sun's list is right for the current Top 10?

1, Bundy

2. Harvey

3. Ed Rod

4. Sisco

5. Alvarez

6. Walker

7. Tim Berry

8. Hart

9. Bridwell

10. Yastrzemski

Opinions?

I do not think Tony-OH would agree with that.

Bridwell has all the stuff and none of the results. He is a huge enigma for me. How many seasons of poor results does a pitcher need to have before he doesn't get any more mulligans? I wouldn't have him on this list.

Hart could be a similar story; I think you need results before you get on any lists. Esposito didn't get any favors from anyone for underperforming so I don't think he should either.

Add Zach Davies, bump Alvarez below Walker. Tack Tyler Wilson or Brian Gonzalez onto the end and that's my list. I'm just really low on Bridwell and Hart at the moment.

I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of Stotle and others on Yaz being 10.

Yaz is deserving of at least the ten spot, and his promotion to Bowie at 23 puts him in pretty good company. His comp from Bowden (I think?) is McLouth, which seems reasonable. Unless something changes he'll be an average major league outfielder, and probably more along the lines of a fourth OFer.

Bridwell has all the stuff and none of the results. He is a huge enigma for me. How many seasons of poor results does a pitcher need to have before he doesn't get any more mulligans? I wouldn't have him on this list.

Hart could be a similar story; I think you need results before you get on any lists. Esposito didn't get any favors from anyone for underperforming so I don't think he should either.

Add Zach Davies, bump Alvarez below Walker. Tack Tyler Wilson or Brian Gonzalez onto the end and that's my list. I'm just really low on Bridwell and Hart at the moment.

Thanks for the analysis, good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is do you think the Sun's list is right for the current Top 10?

1, Bundy

2. Harvey

3. Ed Rod

4. Sisco

5. Alvarez

6. Walker

7. Tim Berry

8. Hart

9. Bridwell

10. Yastrzemski

Opinions?

1 .Bundy

2. Harvey

3. Ed Rod

4. Sisco

5. Walker

6. Davies

7. Alvarez

8. Kline

9. Berry

10. Bridwell (beats out Yaz because of new change up)

You may not have been paying close enough attention to what Bridwell has done this season. His overall ERA is 4.08, but since May 1 he's at 3.00 and for his last 10 starts he's at 2.86. He's made steady progress this season. You could debate whether he belongs in the top 10, but I would not say he is getting "none of the results" this season.

I'd have Zach Davies (3.78 ERA at Bowie) on my list instead of Hart.

You may not have been paying close enough attention to what Bridwell has done this season. His overall ERA is 4.08, but since May 1 he's at 3.00 and for his last 10 starts he's at 2.86. He's made steady progress this season. You could debate whether he belongs in the top 10, but I would not say he is getting "none of the results" this season.

In July his ERA is 4.50. With a nice 6.75 BB/9 to boot. Those stats are closer to his career numbers than what you posted. Since we're getting personal maybe it was you who was the one not paying attention?

In July his ERA is 4.50. With a nice 6.75 BB/9 to boot. Those stats are closer to his career numbers than what you posted. Since we're getting personal maybe it was you who was the one not paying attention?

I didn't think I was getting personal. The 4.50 ERA in July is due to one poor start on July 2. Eight of his last 10 starts have been good, including his last two. I think my interpretation of his season is pretty objective. Just ask Bridwell's mother, who posted this two years ago when I said something critical about Bridwell:

Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward. Frobby let's talk about all the crow your going to be eating. I bet your 40+ years old and I bet you live in your Mothers basement. Let's here about all your kids accomplishments. Oh I'm sorry as negative as you are if you have any they will not be successful. Bridwell is fine and will prove so in time. Until you know all the facts don't comment.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/124150-Who-are-our-top-five-pitchers-below-AAA/page3?p=2852168#post2852168

I didn't think I was getting personal. The 4.50 ERA in July is due to one poor start on July 2. Eight of his last 10 starts have been good, including his last two. I think my interpretation of his season is pretty objective. Just ask Bridwell's mother, who posted this two years ago when I said something critical about Bridwell:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/124150-Who-are-our-top-five-pitchers-below-AAA/page3?p=2852168#post2852168

Ah, baseball parents. I've been fortunate to meet some absolutely great folks through the draft process, but boy are there some defensive and/or volatile mama and papa bears out there...

Ouch!!! Hope you remindered her that you moved out of your mothers basement last year. :D

Thanks for posting Frobby.

Archived