Cruz has quietly been horrible since June 1st

McLovin

What a difference a hot start makes... But he has been OPSing at about a .650 clip since June 1st.

He has been particularly horrible since the ASB:

.102/.184.398

Schoop, for reference:

.152/.333/.510

That's not going to get it done. In fact, as terrible as Schoop looked against the Angels, Cruz looked just as bad.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the group of Cruz, Davis, Schoop/Flaherty, and Joseph/Hundley, at least one of those positions needs to start producing or it's hard to imagine we'll be able to sustain our winning %.

I agree. We won't. We can't just pitch our way to the championship.

Without a doubt it will be tough on the team to score if both Cruz and Davis continue to struggle. I like the idea of giving Lough some more ABs here down the stretch as well so they can start getting days off if they don't start producing.

Last night was tough to watch. Usually we are a good team at making adjustments during the game which I think is why we score a lot of late runs. In the game last night guys like Hardy, Machado, Pearce and and Cruz continued to try and pull pitch after pitch when the Angels pitchers were throwing basically only outside fastballs and sliders. It seems Cruz has moved off the plate a bit lately and he is not foing to rightfield at all. He had one down the first base line lastnight but he was not driving it that way just happened to hit it there as he pullled off.

Alot of Orioles are in slumps.

Nick Markakis in July: .231 Avg. .292 .OBP 1 Homer and 8 RBI's Last seven games: .115 Avg

JJ Hardy:in July: .208 AVG .255 .OBP 2 homers 12 RBI's

Most of the Orioles are not hitting. Schoop. Hundley, Flaherty, Pierce and Machado have also cooled off a little the past week. The Orioles need to pick it up to stay ahead of the Jays and Yankees. Markakis and Hardy also look a little tired. Markakis did not run out two balls very hard in the Angel series. You can give both of them a day off sometimes. Do we have to play them every day?

Archived