ERod

webbrick2010

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He may go on to have a decent career. Hopefully, the Sox package him up and send him to the National League. Good first impression for Rodriguez, but I'd make that trade all day long.

I'm actually more worried about that than anything else. I think he could be a decent but not dominating MLB pitcher so I don't fear E-Rod as a Red Sock, but if he becomes the 3rd or 4th piece in an eventual Stanton or Tulowitzki deal, that would sting a bit.

I'm actually more worried about that than anything else. I think he could be a decent but not dominating MLB pitcher so I don't fear E-Rod as a Red Sock, but if he becomes the 3rd or 4th piece in an eventual Stanton or Tulowitzki deal, that would sting a bit.

Yeah, I think the one that got away is going to turn out to be Josh Hader - though I've enjoyed watching Bud Norris. I just wish we got Norris without giving up Hader.

Of course he has one of his best starts of the year in his first start for the Red Sox (Portland AA)

IP : 5 1/3

H : 2

R : 1

ER :1

BB: 1

K : 7

I don't care I enjoyed watching Andrew Miller in the two games he pitched

His second start was good too:

IP : 6

H : 3

R : 0

ER :0

BB: 3

K : 9

I think he is a very nice pitcher. I am sorry we had to give him up. FOR A PIECE WE HAD TO HAVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON.

Miller certainly helps, but I don't know how anyone can say we "had" to have him in order to be successful.

I think he is a very nice pitcher. I am sorry we had to give him up. FOR A PIECE WE HAD TO HAVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON.

Gausman, Bundy, Wilson, Davies, Berry, Harvey...we could afford to do this because of our depth. Good luck to him, hope he is successful against 28 other ML teams.

First of all, it ticks me off that EdRod is choosing NOW to do his best pitching of the season.

Second, I didn't like this trade when we made it, although I do like Miller and what he adds to our pen. For me, this trade is only worth it if Miller pitches well AND we win the division AND he helps us advance at least one round in the playoffs. For me, rentals are only good if you actually accomplish something with their help that you otherwise might not have accomplished. EdRod was a valuable asset to give up for two months of a very good setup man.

First of all, it ticks me off that EdRod is choosing NOW to do his best pitching of the season.

Second, I didn't like this trade when we made it, although I do like Miller and what he adds to our pen. For me, this trade is only worth it if Miller pitches well AND we win the division AND he helps us advance at least one round in the playoffs. For me, rentals are only good if you actually accomplish something with their help that you otherwise might not have accomplished. EdRod was a valuable asset to give up for two months of a very good setup man.

Problem is you have to make the trade before you know the results. :rolleyestf:

Archived